Android Enterprise offers the following benefits:
- A fully locked-down mode for complete corporate ownership with optional personal space. This is named to work-managed devices
- DPC identifier provisioning with no need of the usage of a personal Gmail Account
- A corporate Google Play portal, which contains only Administrator approved applications for enterprises
- A single application mode for Kiosk-like applications, which is named COSU (Corporate-Owned, Single-Use)
- Silent application installation without the need of personal Gmail accounts.
- Enabling Android Enterprise works with any (non G-Suite Account) Google account
These key terms are associated with Android for Enterprise and will help you to understand how the configuration is working with Silverback and how to configure the deployment settings.
Work-managed devices (Managed Profile)
The work-managed device solution set is designed for corporate-owned devices that are used exclusively for work with no personal use. This allows administrators to manage the entire device and enforce an extended range of policy controls unavailable to work profiles, but restricts the device to only corporate use.
The COSU (Corporate-Owned, Single-Use) solution set is designed for corporate-owned devices that fulfill a single use case, such as digital signage, ticket printing, or inventory management. This allows administrators to further lock down the usage of a device to a single app or small set of apps, and prevents users from enabling other apps or performing other actions on the device.
Mobile Application management
The MAM (Mobile Application Management) solution set allows administrators to distribute public and private apps to users on a wide range of Android devices, including older devices that do not support work profiles. This solution set only enables the distribution of applications, and does not include the device management features of other solution sets.