This section explains how to configure Matrix42 Service Desk and E-Mail Robot. The E-Mail Robot monitors mailboxes and, from the ticket IDs in the subject line, checks whether these tickets already exist in Matrix42 Service Desk for the specific case.
If a ticket does not exists, the E-Mail Robot creates a new ticket from the email, searches for the customer in the system by using the sender's address, and enters this address in the ticket. Attachments and embedded objects are saved in the ticket and can be viewed on the Attachments dialog page.
If a ticket already exists, the E-Mail Robot appends the email to the existing ticket, which can be viewed on the Journal dialog page, and informs the responsible person that a new email has been received. Attachments and embedded objects are saved in the ticket and can be viewed on the Attachments dialog page.
To Configure Matrix42 Service Desk
- Go to Matrix42 Software Asset and Service Management > Service Desk application.
- Click Settings in the navigation area. In the Global System Settings preview that appears, click the Edit toolbar button. The Global System Settings dialog opens.
- Open the Notifications dialog page. The following information is displayed:
- E-mail Sending: Contains sender addresses that are predefined if the Send e-mail action is performed for tickets or tasks. The SMTP server should allow emails with these addresses to be sent from the mailbox that was set on the Emails dialog page of the Global System Settings in Administration, under Account/Password.
- Insert hyperlink to the Self Service Portal into incident-related emails: Select this option if you want an automatic link to the corresponding incident on the Matrix42 Self Service Portal to be inserted into emails to customers.
- Escalation Notification: The default time in minutes before the escalation point is reached and the responsible persons are notified by a ticket or a task.
- Open the Functionality Settings dialog page. The following information is displayed:
- Enable automatic time tracking: If you select this option, the Track Working Time wizard will open automatically after you close a ticket. The start and end of the processing time are entered automatically. You can edit this data later.
- Hide assets from the Incident dialog, if they have one of the following statuses: Assets with one of these statuses cannot be selected in the incident properties dialog.
- Hide users from the Incident dialog, if they have one of the following statuses: Users with one of these statuses cannot be selected in the incident properties dialog.
- Do not allow users to re-open closed tickets (incidents): Select this checkbox if users should not be able to reopen an already closed ticket (incident) through the Matrix42 Self Service Portal.
- Default Span for Pausing Tickets (Days): Default time span until reactivation of tickets by the system for the Pause action in incidents, problems, and tasks.
- Allow sending KBA in custom language: Select a custom language from the list of accessed languages to which an article was translated in the Send via E-Mail wizard.
- Click the Default Settings dialog page. The following information is displayed:
- Default Categories/Default Roles: Categories and roles that are predefined when tickets and/or tasks are created.
- Default Change Template for Non-Standard Changes: The change template that will be used as default for automatic creation of changes that are requested through the Matrix42 Self Service Portal or via email.
Configuring the E-Mail Robot
- Click the E-Mail Robot Settings dialog page.
- If you want to use the E-Mail Robot, select the Enable E-Mail Robot option.
- Store Attached E-Mails in .msg Format: If this option is not selected, attached emails are converted to the HTML format. This can result in a loss of formatting.
- Use strict HTML sanitizer rules: Selecting this option enables more strict rules of HTML sanitizer for e-mails being imported. This will prevent certain attack types, but also can lead to content misrepresentation of some e-mail messages with incorrect HTML markup in them.
- Create a mail server by clicking Add under Mail boxes. An input wizard opens.
If mail servers are available only via proxy server, then you should configure Internet Explorer for service account user to use this proxy server.
- Server Name: Name of the server where the mailbox and exchange/OWA is located.
- Server Type: Used protocol; we recommend the IMAP4 or Exchange/Webservice protocol.
Signed emails that contain attachments and/or embedded graphics are NOT supported by the Exchange/OWA protocol.
- Use SSL: Select this option if the mail server supports SSL.
In this case, for Server name, enter the name of the server on which the SSL certificate was issued (for example, the fully qualified domain name).
- E-mail Address: Email address of the mailbox.
- Account: User account with which you log on to the mail server.
- Set/change Password: Select this option to set or change a password.
- Password: Password with which you log on to the mail server.
- Confirm Password: Repeat the password.
- Disable mailbox: Select this option if you want to disable the mailbox.
- Continue without establishing connection: Select this option if you want to continue without establishing a connection to the mailbox.
If connection failed, a Connection Log will be displayed.
- Repair Connection: Manipulates the settings to find a valid connection.
- Click Continue Configuration.
- Folder Type: Type of folder from which the emails are read.
- Mail Folder: Folder in the mailbox which the E-Mail Robot searches for emails. Default: Inbox
For the IMAP4 protocol, the folder name is context-sensitive.
- Move To Folder: Processed mails will be moved to the selected folder.
- Ticket Type/Category: Ticket type or category that the E-Mail Robot uses for new tickets.
- Template: Default template which should be used for ticket settings. Type of the template depends on the selected ticket type.
- Ignore out-of-office mails (this checkbox is not available for IMAP-type mailbox): If selected, the "out of office" mails will be ignored and not added to the tickets journal.
- Click DONE to save and close.