You can use the Apply LIS Template action to bind a manually created software product with a LIS template or update values for a software product that is already bound with a template.
LIS data must be downloaded prior to running this action.
Applying LIS Template for Custom Software
How to migrate custom software product to LIS:
- Go to the Software Products navigation item and choose a software product that has been created manually.
- Execute the Apply LIS Template action either from the right-click menu or from the actions bar. The apply LIS template wizard opens.
Step 1. Introduction
In the first page of the wizard, the Assign current software product to selected LIS template option is selected by default. To choose a LIS template to be associated with the custom software:
- Click the looking glass button in the Please select software template object picker to access a list of matching software templates.
- Use search if necessary and then click a LIS template to select it. The system will perform comparison between current software values and template values. A grid with differences will be generated automatically.
- Now you need to select one of the three options:
- Select changes to apply or reject. Select this option if you want to decide which values of the custom product should be overwritten by a LIS template and which values should remain intact.
- Apply all changes. This option means that all custom values of the software product will be overwritten by a LIS template.
- Reject all changes. Selecting this option will associate your custom product with a corresponding template. However, none of its values will be overwritten by the template.
- The Automatically synchronize software with corresponding LIS template checkbox is selected by default. It means that when the template is updated on the LIS server, all values of the associated software will be updated accordingly. You can clear the checkbox to prevent automatic update of software product values.
Clearing this checkbox for a certain software product will have no effect if the Enable automatic synchronization with LIS templates for all software products checkbox is selected in the Settings page of the Licenses application. In this case all software products will be automatically updated once a corresponding LIS template changes.
- To proceed, do one of the following:
- Click the Changes button if you have previously selected the Select changes to apply or reject option.
- Click the Summary button if you have previously selected either Apply all changes or Reject all changes.
Step 2. Changes
- In this step you can review all differences between the software and the LIS template. Select a checkbox for values that should be overwritten by the template.
- Click Summary to proceed to the final step.
Step 3. Summary
Click Apply LIS Template to finish.
As a result, the LIS Template value on the software product preview will be changed to Up-to-Date and you will not be able to edit fields on the General tab of the software product dialog.
Choosing Not to Assign LIS Template
When you run the Apply LIS Template action for a custom software product for the first time, you can exclude this software from automatic synchronization with LIS:
- In the first step of the wizard, select the Don't assign LIS template to current software product option.
- Click Apply LIS Template.
As a result, the LIS Template value on the software product preview will be changed to Up-to-Date. However, this software will not be associated with any template and will remain intact after automatic update from LIS.
Applying LIS Template for a Template-Based Software
If the Enable automatic synchronization with LIS templates for all software products checkbox is cleared in the Settings page of the Licenses application, you can execute the Apply LIS Template action for a custom software that has been already associated with a template or a software that has been downloaded from the LIS server.
When you apply LIS template for an already synchronized software, two cases are possible:
- There are no difference in the values
A message will inform you that there are no changes to apply. However, you are able to clear or select the Automatically synchronize software with corresponding LIS template checkbox for this software.
- There are some difference in the values
In this case the wizard will open where you need to choose whether you want to apply or reject changes from the LIS server.