When you create or import licenses, one of the most crucial attributes is the quantity of usage rights that a particular license provides. You can quickly assess the license usage by analyzing usage rights' chart in the license preview.
You can also gain transparency about possible entitlement of existing license requirements with usage rights of a license. The entitlement chart shows license requirements that have not been entitled according to the corresponding reason.
Analyzing usage rights and possible entitlements of a license
To view usage rights and entitlement analysis for a license:
- Open the Licenses application and go to Purchased Licenses > All.
- Click any license. If the selected licenses does not have unlimited usage rights, the Usage Right Statistics chart will be displayed in the preview. The Possible Entitlements chart is displayed if there are license requirements that have not been entitled.
Usage Right Statistics
The chart displays allocation of all purchased usage rights according to their status. The following status values can be shown:
- Invalid. Number of usage rights that cannot be used for entitling license requirements because they are not valid. This status is shown for licenses whose usage rights are validated by the corresponding number of rights of a base license.
- Expired. Number of all usage rights of a license that has expired.
- Upgraded. Number of usage rights that have been used as base rights for another license(s).
- Used. Number of usage rights that are assigned to effective license requirements.
- Unused. Number of usage rights that are not currently used (available to be assigned to effective license requirements).
The chart displays existing license requirements which are not entitled by grouping them according to a reason why they are not entitled. If the license is downgradeable and there is possible entitlement for the downgrade software, such license requirements will also be included in the chart.The following reasons can be shown in the chart:
- Unconfirmed Requirements. Number of requirements that have been created automatically and now require explicit confirmation of a user.
- Rejected Requirements. Number of requirements that have been created automatically and then rejected by using the Confirm action.
- Invalid Requirements. Number of requirements that have the Invalid status.
- License Pool Mismatch. Number of requirements where a license pool differs from the a license pool of the license.
- License Model Mismatch. Number of requirements where a license model differs from the a license model of the license.
You can click in each chart area to drill down to the details and see the chart data.