A new ticket is always assigned to a role, not to a specific person. With this action, a role member says that they take over this ticket, which means that they accept responsibility for the ticket. The ticket status is set to In Progress. This informs other members of this role that somebody is already working on this ticket.
If you select only one ticket on a search page and click Edit, the selected ticket will be opened directly for further handling, after the status is set to In Progress.
- Start Matrix42 Workspace Management and click the Service Desk workspace.
- In the navigation area, click Incidents.
- If the required configuration item is not in the selection list, enter a search term into the Search Text field at the top and press <Enter>; alternatively, use the Advanced Search.
- In the selection list, click an incident. Preview opens.
- In the action pane, click Edit. You are entered as the owner, and the status of the incident is set to In Progress.