Taking over an incident
A new ticket is always assigned to a role, not to a specific person.
With Take over action, a role member says that they take over this ticket, which means that they accept responsibility for the ticket and are automatically assigned as Responsible.
The ticket status is set to In Progress. This informs other members of this role that somebody is already working on this ticket.
To Take over a ticket:
- Go to Matrix42 Software Asset and Service Management → Service Desk application;
- In the navigation area, click Incidents;
- If the required configuration item is not in the selection list, enter a search term into the Search Text field at the top and hit "Enter"; alternatively, use the Advanced Search;
- In the selection list, click an incident to open Preview;
- In the action pane, click Take over action:
- you are assigned as Responsible;
- you are assigned as the ticket Owner;
- the incident status is set to In Progress;
- the change is tracked in the journal as an internal record: "The Ticket has been processed";
- edit incident dialog opens
If you select only one ticket on a search page and click Take over, the selected ticket will be opened directly for further handling, after the status is set to In Progress.
For multiple tickets take over the first created ticket is opened for editing when the Take over action is applied: