A new ticket is always assigned to a role, not to a specific person. With this action, a role member confirms that they take over this ticket, which means that they accept responsibility for the ticket. The ticket status is set to Assigned. This informs other members of this role that somebody is already working on this ticket.
- Start Matrix42 Workspace Management and click the Service Desk workspace.
- In the navigation area, click Incidents.
- If the required configuration item is not in the selection list, enter a search term into the Search Text field and press <Enter>.
- In the selection list, click an incident to open Preview.
- In the action pane, click Accept. You are entered as the owner, and the status of the incident is set to Assigned.