Resetting User Accounts for Incidents
Depending on the domain policy configuration, accounts of incident reporters can become blocked after several failed login attempts to Matrix42 Software Asset and Service Management. Administrators can unlock such accounts and change the account passwords by using the Reset Account action.
- Go to Matrix42 Software Asset and Service Management > Service Desk application.
- In the navigation area, click Incidents.
- On the search page, locate the incident that was created by the person with the locked account.
- In the action pane, click Reset Account to open the input wizard.
- Log out from all Software Asset & Service Management Sessions: select the checkbox to log out the user specified in the Person field from all Workspace Management sessions.
- For Account, the following options are available:
- Unlock Account: Select this checkbox if you want the account to be unlocked after the wizard is finished.
- Account: Account of the incident reporter is automatically selected in this field.
- For Password, the following options are available:
- Reset Password: Select this checkbox if you want to create a new password for the user. This selection will activate the fields below.
- Password: Enter a new password for the user.
- User must change password at first login: Define whether the user is to be asked to change their password after the first login.
- User cannot change password: Define whether the user has permissions to change their password.
- Password never expires: Define whether the user's password can expire. Please note that it is recommended to select this checkbox only for administrator accounts.
- Click RESET ACCOUNT.