When a problem is solved, you can close the corresponding ticket. This completes the editing of the ticket, and the status is set to Closed.
- Go to Matrix42 Software Asset and Service Management > Service Desk application.
- In the navigation area, click Problems.
- If the required configuration item is not in the selection list, use Search to locate it.
- In the selection list, click a problem. Preview opens.
- In the action pane, click Close. The input wizard opens.
- Enter how the problem was solved or select a KB article from which the solution should be copied.
- If desired, add one or several attachments to the ticket to provide further information.
When you close several problems, the attachments will be the same for all selected problems.
- Click SPECIFY DETAILS.
- Set the final Category, Closing Reason, and meantime availability of affected assets and services.
When you close several problems that have the same category, this category is pre-selected. When you close several problems that have different categories, the Category field will be empty.
- Select further options:
- Inform users about the closing of the problem: The user who requested the problem will be notified by email that the problem has been closed.
- Inform related users about closing of the problem: All users that are related to the problem will be notified by email that the problem has been closed.
- Inform further users about the closing of the problem: Additional users will be notified by email that the problem has been closed.
- Inform responsible users of related tickets about the closing of the problem: All responsible users of the related tickets will be notified by email that the problem has been closed.
- Create KB Article: Creates a knowledge base article that describes the problem.
- If the problem has any Related Incidents, specify the Closing Options for the related incidents.
- Click SUMMARY.
- Click CLOSE.
- If the Enable Automatic Time Tracking checkbox is selected under Service Desk > System Settings, the Track Working Time wizard will appear. If needed, adjust the time tracking options for the ticket, and then click Finish.
When you close several problems, the spent time will be proportionally shared among the tickets.