Consolidation of license requirements takes place when they should not be entitled by licenses due to the applied licensing rules.
Automatic consolidation is performed for the following types of license requirements:
- License requirements for software products that are included in software suites. Such license requirements are consolidated if the system contains license requirements for both a software suite and its member software products.
- License requirements for downgrade software products. License requirements for older versions of a software product are consolidated if the system contains license requirements for a newer version of the same product. This is done if the downgrade consolidation is configured on the Downgrades page of a software product dialog.
- License requirements that have a mismatch between a technical consumer of software and a license model assignment are consolidated to create license requirements with a consumer matching the license model.
Sometimes a license requirement meets more than one of the above-mentioned conditions. In this case the system applies priority rules for the consolidation logic. In general case the license assignment consolidation has priority over the other two types of consolidation. However, the suite consolidation is applied for license requirements for member software products with the mismatch between a technical consumer and a license model. Compare the examples below.
Suite consolidation for the same license model in suite and its member software
Suite consolidation for the different license models in suite and its member software
The suite consolidation takes priority over the consumer assignment consolidation if a license requirement from technical foundation has a non-user license model and a non-user consumer. In addition, in such a case there are three consolidation scenarios that apply in the order explained below.
- Suite consolidation is of the highest priority:
- If the system does not contain a license requirement for the suite software and a principal user of the VM, the assignment consolidation takes place: