The system allows entitling several versions of the same software by one license.The list of software products that are connected by the license downgrade option is set in the software product dialog. When a system assigns the downgradeable license to a license requirement, it uses the priority rules described below.
Downgrade options are defined for each software product individually on the Downgrades tab of the dialog.
There are two priority rules that are used in the following order:
- Downgradeable license is used for a software product with the same name and the least difference of numeric version.
- Downgradeable license is used for a software product with a different name and the least difference of numeric version.
The downgrades for Microsoft, SQL Server Enterprise Non-specific are defined as shown below.
The license requirements exist for all four software products and will be entitled in the following order of priority:
- SQL Server Enterprise, 2019 (the same software name)
- SQL Server Enterprise, 2008 R2 (the same software name)
- SQL Server Standard, 2016 (a different software name)
- SQL Server Business Intelligence, 2012 (a different software name)
In priority rules, the system uses the software version provided by LIS (LISSoftwareProductClassBase.VersionNumeric) and not the version displayed in the software product dialog.
License requirements need to have the same license model as the license of the software product that provides the downgrade option.