Categories are used for structuring the content of tickets. In addition, default values for responsibilities, priority, urgency, etc. are defined in a category. If a ticket is linked to a category, this ticket automatically inherits all properties of the category.
To Create a Category
- Go to Matrix42 Software Asset and Service Management > Service Desk application.
- In the navigation area, click Configurations > Categories.
- On the toolbar, click Add Category. A properties dialog opens.
- Enter detailed information about the category.
- Name: Unique name of the category.
- Description: Brief description of the category.
- Parent Category: Select the category that is up in the hierarchy.
- Hide (incl. Sub-Categories): Select this checkbox if you do not want to display this category and its child categories in the selection list of the ticket configuration item.
- Child Categories: Add hierarchically subordinate categories.
For the new ticket that will be added to this category, you can have the following values pre-filled: Summary, Responsible Role, Escalation Role, Impact, Urgency, Priority (Tasks only), Description, and Solution.
Default values from quick calls overwrite default values from categories (for example, responsible role).
This dialog page contains a list of all tickets that belong to this category. You can double-click any ticket to view its details and also export the ticket list to MS Excel.
This dialog page contains a list of Knowledge Base articles that belong to this category.
In the action pane, you can access the most important Actions for this category with one click.
- Edit: Open the category for editing.
- Delete: Delete the category.
- History: View and export category related transactions
- Export: Export the category to an .xml file; select the Export N:M Relations checkbox to also export data about related objects with N to M, or many to many, relation.