A problem is an unknown cause of one or more actual or potential incidents. Problems are often first identified by the occurrence of several incidents with similar symptoms.
- Summary: Brief description of the ticket.
- Category: Category for organizing your problems.
- SLA: Link to a Service Level Agreement. The predefined reaction and solution times depend on this. The selection list is filtered automatically so that you can select only those Service Level Agreements that result from combination of entries in the User, Asset, Service, and Priority fields.
- Show All: Select this option to turn off the automatic filter that is used for selection of SLA/OLA/UC.
- Get SLA: Automatically select the Service Level Agreement/Operation Level Agreement or Underpinning Contract with the most critical solution times. The selected agreement should correspond to the combination of the entries in the User, Asset, Service, and Priority fields.
- Impact: Select a group (User, Workgroup, or Company) which is affected by this incident. If a related asset or service has a higher business impact, then this higher business impact will be applied automatically when the ticket is saved.
- Urgency: Urgency level for solution of this ticket.
- Resubmission: Date on which the person or responsible role receives an email reminder about the ticket. The email contains a link by which the ticket can be accessed.
- User: Person (initiator or concerned person) for whom this task or ticket is created.
- E-mail on Status Change: Case for which the responsible person should be notified by email.
- Entry By: Select how this ticket was reported. This data is purely informative and is not processed by the system.
- Description: Detailed description of the problem. As long as the problem has the New status, opening of the ticket points to this tabulator.
- Journal/Activities: In the journal, all actions that were made for the ticket, will be automatically recorded. This also includes mails that were received for this ticket or sent out of the ticket. There are two different mail templates for the Matrix42 Workspace Management Console and Matrix42 Self Service Portal. The difference is that the mail template for the console contains the "BCC:" parameter, whereas the mail template for the portal does NOT contain this parameter. Under My Activities, you can enter your own activities for the ticket. Click Add to record the activity in the journal. Until the problem is not in the New or Closed status, opening of the ticket points directly to this tabulator.
- Solution: Description of the solution that was entered when the problem was closed. When the problem gets the Closed status, opening of the ticket points directly to this tabulator. The solution cannot be directly edited.
- Inform responsible roles or users via email: By default, members of roles that are responsible for a ticket are notified by email when work starts on it. You can turn off this option here.
- For this problem, copies of digital documents can be saved and later reopened.
- List of all recorded jobs for this problem.
On the Tickets dialog pages, you can manage all the tickets that are related to the problem.
On the Assets dialog pages, you can manage all the assets that are related to the problem.
- Assets: Additional assets that are affected by this ticket. For example, if a customer reports an incident that is related to a computer and you know that other computers of the same model are affected, insert this here. This data is purely informative and is not processed by the system.
On the Services dialog pages, you can manage all the services that are related to the problem.
- Services: Additional services that are affected by this ticket. For example, if a customer reports an incident that is related to their services, and you know that other services are affected by this, insert this here. This data is purely informative and is not processed by the system.
On the Users dialog pages, you can manage all users that are related to the problem.
- Users: Other users that are affected by the ticket. Select the Inform related users about status change to notify by email other users that are listed here about the status changes of this ticket.
On the Tasks dialog pages, you can manage all the tasks that are related to the problem.
- Tasks: Create tasks and assign them to employees connected with this ticket. If you select the Close this problem when the last task is closed checkbox, this ticket is closed when the status of the last task on the list is set to Closed. The solution is copied from the task to the ticket.