Knowledge base (KB) is a database that contains problem solutions, articles, white papers, and user manuals. It is a collection of instructions and solutions that are classified by subject. For example, solutions are classified by category or step-by-step instructions for specific tasks.
- Subject: Subject or title of the KB article.
- Type: Type of the KB article.
- Status: Status of the KB article. Only articles with the Final status and the selected Visible in Self Service Portal option are shown in the Matrix42 Self Service Portal.
- Last Revised On: Date on which the KB article was last edited. This information is entered automatically and displayed in the Matrix42 Self Service Portal.
- Expires On: Date after which the KB article will be no longer displayed in the Matrix42 Self Service Portal.
- Keywords: Enter search terms that describe the KB article to simplify the search process. Added keywords and enabled in the Service Desk settings option Show relevant Knowledge Base Articles when reporting Tickets in Self Service Portal analyzes the entered by the user text in the summary field and suggests the relevant article before the new issue is actually submitted and eventually reduce the number of submitted user requests:
- Solution/Workaround: Detailed description of how an actual incident, change, or problem was solved.
- Organizational Units: Select the This Knowledge Base Article is restricted checkbox. Only users from named organizational units will see it if you want this KB article to be visible to members of a specific organizational unit only.
- Users: Select the This Knowledge Base Article is restricted checkbox. The specified users will see the KB article irrespective of their organizational unit.
- Roles: Select the This Knowledge Base Article is restricted checkbox. The users that belong to the specified roles will see the KB article irrespective of their organizational unit.
Category for organizing your KB articles.
Categories with assigned Knowledge Base tags allow showing selected sections of the article depending on the Context Parameters. The end-user can select context on the preview page and see relevant KB Article according to the made choice.
For this KB article, copies of digital documents can be saved and later reopened.
Displays a list with all user ratings that were made for this KB article in the Matrix42 Self Service Portal. If the Disable knowledge base article rating checkbox is selected in Service Desk > Global System Settings, this dialog page is hidden.
Related KB articles. Articles that are listed here are automatically linked together in the Matrix42 Self Service Portal.
Tickets for which this KB article is relevant.
Problems for which this KB article is relevant.
Changes for which this KB article is relevant.
Tasks that were created in this context.
Services for which this KB article is relevant.
Other versions (revisions) of this KB article. All obsolete versions are read-only.
This dialog is displayed on Save action if KB article is in Edit mode and 'Enable to create knowledge base article versions' checkbox is set in Service Desk > Settings.
A result of dialog is creating a new version of current KB article if 'as New Version' is chosen; otherwise updating an existend KB article.
Previous versions can be found under Versions tab.
In the action pane, you can access the actions that are available for KB articles.
- Preview: Check the approximate look of the KB article at the Matrix42 Self Service Portal.
- Send KB Article via E-Mail: Send the content of the KB article directly to the selected recipients.
- Search in Knowledge Base: Find relevant KB articles by using the wizard.