This version is not supported with productive use unless approved by Matrix42 product management!
About this Release
This release provides a couple of functional changes - new features and improvements - listed here.
Software Asset Management
- Support for LIS Premium
- Configurable notification on upcoming expiration of subscription license.
- Support covering unlimited update license with limited base license.
- Disable creation of License Requirements from assigned Fingerprints.
- Priorities with license downgrades.
- High-Performance creation and consolidation of License Requirements.
- Enable skills configuration in User Profile.
- Skills Management Area.
- Assign Skills to Work Items.
- Assign Skills to Users.
- Assign Skills to Teams.
- TFSID 246037: Notification Monitor: Status is not automatically updated during License Requirements processing process
- TFSID 246907: SSP: Return of services fails
- TFSID 247130: Grid personalization is not applied after refresh
- TFSID 247189: High-Speed Performance: Reconciliation workflow does not start when all data providers are disabled
- TFSID 246471: Contracts. Doesn't displayed currency in requisition grid after changing contract status
- TFSID 246439: LIS Premium: Extend error handling for Library wizard
- TFSID 247414: High-Speed Performance: Changing reason already consolidated LRQs
It's required to use VMware PowerCLI 11.4 with data provider "VMware Inventory" due to issues identified in previous versions (link to online help). This applies not only to vmWare Inventory data provider but also to vmWare workflow activities.
Mobile Browser Issue
Due to latest updates on mobile versions of Chrome (73.x) and Safari using iOS 12.1.4 application, buttons might not be visible in dialogs and forms. Firefox 15.0 (13894) might be used on mobile devices until Matrix42 is providing a hotfix to solve the problem.
Desktop versions of the mentioned browsers are not affected.
This issue affects all currently supported versions of Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management.
This information is only relevant when updating from product versions earlier than AirWatch 8.0.
Because of technical restrictions of the AirWatch REST API, SIM cards can currently be identified only by phone number. This can lead to mismatches (wrong assignments) because of ambiguities in approximately 20% of cases. As a temporary workaround, we offer the possibility to switch off mapping of SIM cards directly in the Data Provider settings. This issue requires changes in the AirWatch software. We are currently communicating with responsible owners at AirWatch to have this problem resolved as soon as possible. We want to continue providing full SIM card reconciliation in future product versions. We apologize for any inconveniences.
Customized LDAP Workflows
Customized LDAP workflow can be broken because of the breaking change in execution contract of the LDAP: Import Groups and LDAP: Membership import definitions. Because of the additional input parameter DomainId to these GDIEs, the ExecuteGDI workflow activity in the customized LDAP workflow does not meet the input contract and fails the workflow execution.
Set up the DomainId parameter for Execute GDI Sequence activities with names GDIE Group and GDIE Membership to solve this issue.
In one of the next releases "Mobile Device" will be merged into configuration item "Computer".
As for the standard product, all necessary changes will be made automatically preserving all your data. However, if you have any customizing around "Mobile Device" in your environment, you will need to review and possibly adjust them regarding:
- Data definitions
- Import definitions
- Compliance rules
- User Interface
- Search Queries
New e-mail Engine for standard e-mail Notifications.
New Email Engine has replaced Alerting Engine. Now the new Email Engine is used by default for processing all standard email notifications defined in the Compliance Rules. These changes are not applied to the customized and custom Compliance Rules used in pair with the legacy Alerting Engine.
Please make sure that the customized and custom Email Descriptors are manually adjusted and corresponding Compliance Rules are switched to the new Email Engine as the Alerting Engine will be smoothly discontinued.
The Alerting module will be discontinued in the following schedule:
Default not-customized Mail Notification uses the new Email Engine
All Compliance Rules are automatically switched to use New Email Engine with the possibility to fallback.
Alerting fully removed from the Product
Updating from previous versions
Important and Breaking Changes
Please review important or breaking changes that have been made since your currently installed version has been released.
Please check solved problems that are relevant to you since your currently installed version has been released.
Database Schema Changes
Please check database schema changes that have been made since your currently installed version has been released.
The setup program can be used to update existing installations of product version 8.0.2 or higher.
Updating from Version 126.96.36.1999
If you are updating from version 188.8.131.529, you must remove following files from folder <setup folder>\root\web\bin before updating to this version:
Please note that if you want to update from any version before 8.1.7 directly to a 9.1.x version you need to take an intermediate step to 8.1.7.
Expired Maintenance for Version 8.1
Please note that with general availability of version 9.1 the maintenance for “Workspace Management 8.1” (latest update version provided is 8.1.4) has expired. We strongly recommend that systems with this version are updated to a supported product version as soon as possible.
General Information and Resources
Available information and resources about the product:
- System Requirements
- Hardware Sizing Recommendations
- Installation and Configuration Instructions
- Product Download (Matrix42 Marketplace)
Make sure to install latest hotfix, available on product download page on Matrix42 Marketplace (see above)
Help and Training
- Online Help Software Asset Management
- Online Help Service Management
- Online Help SolutionBuilder
- Training Material (Matrix42 Campus)
- User Forum
If you experience any problems regarding this version, please contact our support team:
Matrix42 Help Desk
General information about Matrix42 support services can be found here: https://www.matrix42.com/en/customer-success/support
- Product Improvement Community (Matrix42 Idea Portal)
- Guideline for Product Usage incl. Maintenance Status (Matrix42 Website)