About this Release
10.0.2.3011 Release Candidate 1
- 282033: Packaging: Audience is not automatically exported for Objects (e.g. Navigation, Actions, ..)
- 281720: For system Layouts only differences should be included in package exports (without development certificate)
- 281050: Layout save\Publish issues
- Next-Gen Portal: something wrong with borders of simplified Layout.
- Next-Gen Portal: entity type field: change select control
- Next-Gen Portal: Need to remove "Input hint"
- 281931: SLA: not possible to change SLA
- 276490: User can not change default license model in software dialog
10.0.2.3001 - Technical Preview 1
- 263449: Automatic Recording Localizations (Issues)
- 273675: Relation to "Applications" are not set after package installation (Search-Filters, Role skills as well)
- 273794: Object is empty in Project
- 275414: After Package downloading order number for workflow is set to 0
- 276443: Layout issues with mail descriptor body on configuration project preview
- 276445: Email Descriptor layout is corrupted after Package Installation
- 276490: User can not change license model in software dialog
This release provides a couple of functional changes - new features and improvements - listed here.
Software Asset Management
- Live-Status display in the home page of the License application to see processing state.
- Enterprise Queue Management: dashboard support for managed queues
User Experience / Digital Workspace Platform
- Configuration Packaging
- Logical operators for column search (AND / OR)
- Individual attachments sorting
- Improved wizard for creating new Configuration Item
- Email runs on Workers
- Accessibility improvements
Replacing Data Gateway with Matrix42 Workers
Matrix42 Worker becomes the universal approach for executing asynchronous background tasks in the Digital Workspace Platform. It also can play the role of the data gateway, or in other words, can be installed remotely and carries out the tasks for collecting data for Data Providers (as Matrix42 Data Gateway does).
|Q2/2020 (10.0.1)||All Data Gateways tasks (except Inventory of Citrix XenServer, Inventory of Microsoft Hyper-V, Inventory of VMware vCenter, LIS - Online Update, Unix Inventory, Windows Inventory) by default running on present Worker.|
|Q4/2020 (10.0.2)||All Data Gateways tasks assigned to be executed on Worker.|
Discontinue Matrix42 Data Gateway service (together with Classical Console)
In case of Data Gateway installed remotely (not on App Server), make sure the Matrix42 Worker installed on the same computer and the relation to Data Gateway is set
If for whatever reason the Data Gateway task is failing on Matrix42 Worker, this task can be hand over back the Matrix42 Data Gateway. For that, remove the reference to the Data Gateway in the appropriate Worker Dialog.
Secure Token Service as a default mechanism for authentication
The Secure Token Service is the only available option for authentication. STS will be automatically enabled for existing installations. There will be no possibility to deactivate the option. In addition, Force SSL option will be set. It means that when someone opens the console or the portal with the HTTP URL, they will be redirected to the HTTPS URL.
New Workflow Engine
New Workflow Engine is replacing the Workflow Engine based on Microsoft AppFabric. For more details please check Workflow Engine. The process of introducing a new Engine and full discontinue of the legacy AppFabric engines includes several steps to guarantee a smooth and reliable transition which excludes the data losses or manual routines.
The AppFabic Workflow Engine will be discontinued in the following schedule:
Final Technical Preview. Migration of the Custom Workflows and Custom Workflow Activities can be started. See, Workflows Migration
Matrix42 Worker Engine can be used productively. AppFabric is the default Workflows Execution Engine.
Matrix42 Worker Engine is the default Workflow engine. It is possible to selected Workflows to keep using legacy AppFabric Engine.
New e-mail Engine for standard e-mail Notifications.
New Email Engine has replaced Alerting Engine. Now the new Email Engine is used by default for processing all standard email notifications defined in the Compliance Rules. These changes are not applied to customized and custom Compliance Rules used in pair with the legacy Alerting Engine.
Please make sure that the customized and custom Email Descriptors are manually adjusted and corresponding Compliance Rules are switched to the new Email Engine as the Alerting Engine will be smoothly discontinued.
The Alerting module will be discontinued in the following schedule:
Default not-customized Mail Notification uses the new Email Engine
All Compliance Rules are automatically switched to use New Email Engine with the possibility to fallback.
|Alerting fully removed together with the discontinue of the Legacy (Classical) console.|
End Of Sales - Classic UI
Since product version 10.0.0 the classic user interface can no longer be installed. However, to ensure backward compatibility, it can still be used on existing installations. In agreement with our support terms and conditions, the classic user interface will be supported until September 2021. After that point in time, the components for classic user interface will be completely removed from product releases.
If you need support or do have any particular questions, please reach out to the Matrix42 product management team.
End of ‘Classic UI – End of Sale’ - The classic user interface can no longer be installed.
Complete shutdown of classic UI. Classic UI will no longer be shipped
Updating from previous versions
Important and Breaking Changes
Please review important or breaking changes that have been made since your currently installed version has been released.
Please check solved problems that are relevant to you since your currently installed version has been released.
Database Schema Changes
Please check database schema changes that have been made since your currently installed version has been released.
The setup program can be used to update existing installations of product version 8.0.2 or higher.
Updating from Version 22.214.171.1249
If you are updating from version 126.96.36.1999, you must remove following files from folder <setup folder>\root\web\bin before updating to this version:
Please note that if you want to update from any version before 8.1.7 directly to a 9.1.x version you need to take an intermediate step to 8.1.7.
Expired Maintenance for Version 9.0
Please note that with general availability of version 10.0 the maintenance for “Workspace Management 9.0” (latest update version provided is 9.0.4) has expired.
We strongly recommend that systems with this version are updated to a supported product version as soon as possible.
Dependencies with Add-ons
At least following add-ons must be updated for compatibility reasons:
If you have any other add-ons from Matrix42 Marketplace installed, please check compatibility with the corresponding publisher before installing this version.
General Information and Resources
Available information and resources about the product:
- System Requirements
- Hardware Sizing Recommendations
- Installation and Configuration Instructions
- Product Download (Matrix42 Marketplace)
Make sure to install latest hotfix, available on product download page on Matrix42 Marketplace (see above)
Help and Training
- Online Help Software Asset Management
- Online Help Service Management
- Online Help SolutionBuilder
- Training Material (Matrix42 Campus)
- User Forum
If you experience any problems regarding this version, please contact our support team:
Matrix42 Help Desk
General information about Matrix42 support services can be found here: https://www.matrix42.com/en/customer-success/support
- Product Improvement Community (Matrix42 Idea Portal)
- Guideline for Product Usage incl. Maintenance Status (Matrix42 Website)