Creating Task Templates
In task templates, you define default values for category, SLA, priority, recipient, etc. If a task is linked to a task template, it automatically inherits all properties of the template.
To Create a Task Template
- Go to Matrix42 Software Asset and Service Management > Service Desk application.
- In the navigation area, click Configurations > Task Templates.
- On the toolbar, click Add Task Template. A properties dialog opens.
- Enter information that will be automatically copied to the newly created task: Name, Summary, Category, Type of Task, Priority, Responsible, Responsible Role, Description, and Solution.
- Click Done at the bottom to save and close.
In the action pane, you can access the most important Actions for this task template with one click.
- Edit: Open the task template for editing.
- Delete: Delete the task template.
- History: View and export task template related transactions.
- Export: Export the task template to an .xml file; select the Export N:M Relations checkbox to also export data about related objects with N to M, or many to many, relation.