A quick call is a template for recurring support queries. The basic information is already entered in the quick call and can be used for creating new incidents.
- Go to Matrix42 Software Asset and Service Management > Service Desk application.
- In the navigation area, click Configurations > Quick Calls.
- On the toolbar, click Add Quick Call Template. A properties dialog opens.
- Enter information that will be automatically copied to incidents created from the quick call.
- Name: Unique name of the quick call.
- Summary: Brief description of the quick call.
- Description: Detailed description of the quick call.
- Solution: Description of the solution that was entered when the incident was closed.
- Category: Category of the quick call.
- Impact: impact of the quick call. For example, Complete Failure is more urgent than Partial Failure.
- Entry By: Means by which the entry was received, for example, phone or e-mail.
- Error Type: Type of the reported error, for example, Hardware or Software malfunction.
- Responsible Role: User role responsible for handling the reported issue.
- Responsible: User responsible for handling the reported issue.
- Inform responsible roles or users via email: when the checkbox is selected, the selected responsible role and/or responsible user will be notified via e-mail about creation of incidents from the quick call template.
- Asset: device or equipment in relation to which the quick call is created.
- Service: service to which the quick call is related.
For the new incident that will be created from the quick call, you can have the following values pre-filled: Responsible Role, Responsible, Category, Impact, Urgency, Entry by, Error Type, Asset, Service, and Inform Responsible Roles or Users Via E-Mail (selected by default).
Default values from quick calls overwrite default values from categories (for example, responsible role).
- This Quick Call is restricted. Only users from named organizational units can use it during creation of incidents in Self Service Portal.: Select this checkbox to limit the usage of the quick call by users from specific organizational units.
- Organizational Units: Add organizational units where this quick call can be used.
- Users: Add users that can use this quick call in the Matrix42 Self Service Portal regardless of their organizational unit.
- Roles: Add user roles that can use this quick call in the Matrix42 Self Service Portal regardless of their organizational unit.
In the action pane, you can access the most important Actions for this quick call with one click.
- Create Incident: Create an incident based on this quick call template.
- Edit: Open the quick call template for editing.
- Delete: Delete the quick call template.
- History: View and export the quick call template related transactions.
- Export: Export the quick call template to an .xml file; select the Export N:M Relations checkbox to also export data about related objects with N to M, or many to many, relation.