In change templates, you define default values for responsible, responsible role, category, SLA, type of change, change classification, urgency, impact, description, and the workflow which will be used for processing of the change. In addition, you can define the risks and resource planning if they are already known. The change automatically inherits all properties of the change template during configuration. Change templates are mandatory for creation of changes.
To Create a Change Template
- Go to Matrix42 Software Asset and Service Management > Service Desk application.
- In the navigation area, click Configurations > Change Templates.
- On the toolbar, click Add Change Template. A properties dialog opens.
- Enter information that will be automatically copied to the newly created change request.
- Initialize workflow directly: Select the checkbox to start the workflow immediately upon the Change creation; de-select the checkbox to start the workflow only after the Change is created and the Agree action is called.
- If needed, you can refer to the Change Request page of this user guide for descriptions of the other fields available in the Change Template dialog.
- Click Done at the bottom to save and close.
In the action pane, you can access the most important Actions for this change template with one click.
- Create Change: Create a change based on the change template.
- Edit: Open the change template for editing.
- Delete: Delete the change template.
- History: View and export the change template related transactions.
- Export: Export the task template to an .xml file; select the Export N:M Relations checkbox to also export the data about related objects with N:M, or many to many, relations.