Matrix42 Client Management (v18.0.3 or later).
- An installed Windows ADK for Windows 10 on the Empirum Master Server, for WinPE creation.
- The Empirum Master Server runs on a Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2016 / 2019 operating system.
- The backend task queue needs this for the creation of the WinPE boot images.
The current functionality of Matrix42 OS Deployment based on WinPE:
- Import of Matrix42 PreOS packages
- Creation of a WinPE based boot configuration
- Assignment and configuration of the Matrix42 PreOS package using computer variables
- Installing the Matrix42 Software Depot after Deployment
- Deployment on UEFI or Legacy/Bios based computers
- Domain Join of the computer and assignment to the Organizational Unit in the Active Directory
- Support of DHCP options
- Selection of the Empirum Agent version to be installed
- http(s) as transport protocol
- Display of the current tasks on the client during the installation
- End of Life (EOL)
- Self-Provisioning via http(s) starting with WinPE PreBoot Support version 1.8.3
- Support of language packs in CAB file format and as Local Experience Packs
From Empirum v18.0.2 on:
- Assignment of operating system editions
- Language Pack support
From Empirum v19.0.0 on:
- Assignment and deployment of Windows 7, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 operating systems
From Empirum v19.0.1 on:
- Computer Self Provisioning based on computer templates (via the Empirum-API service at the Empirum Master Server)
From Empirum v20.0.0 on:
- Automatic sequencing of Matrix42 PreOS packages when importing them into the depot configuration at previous versions
From Empirum v20.0.1 on:
- Use of static IP address for OS deployment. The use of the Matrix42 PreOS packages WindowsInstallation 5.3 and DriverIntegration 2.14 or higher is required.
From Empirum v20.0.2 on:
- Configuration of the thumbprints of the server certificates for the https communication via the boot configuration in the Empirum Management Console.
From Empirum v20.0.3 on:
- Integrated support for OS deployment of computers in a workgroup.
The latest version of the article WinPE PreBoot Support is permanently available at https://marketplace.matrix42.com/product/winpe/. A corresponding registration is required.
The following restrictions apply when using Matrix42 OS Deployment based on WinPE:
- The current functionality of Matrix42 OS Deployment based on WinPE supports only 64-bit Windows operating system.
- The current Matrix42 PreOS package SimpleOsDeployment only support Windows 10.
- WindowsInstallation package supports Windows 7 deployment only with Matrix42 Client Management v19.0.0 or later.
- Computer Self Provisioning is only supported from Matrix42 Client Management v19.0.1 or higher.
- WinPE based Self Provisioning works with all (EFI) clients, but its local boot only works on clients, which have been deployed with Empirum v19.0.1 / WinPE Support 1.6.1. Alternative is not to configure a Default PXE Image in DBUtil, but to boot from prepared USB stick. A USB stick can be created in Empirum Console under Boot Configurations. Currently the additional drivers from a Self-Provisioning boot configuration are not installed.
- WinPE based Self Provisioning is currently only supported for Installation Factories (not for production environment).