There are some prerequisites to successfully setup Marvin in your environment. Please make sure you have a Matrix42 Account to access Matrix42 Marketplace. If not, please register your personal account at https://accounts.matrix42.com/my/register.
Service Management Setup
For administrators only.
Execute the previously downloaded Virtual Support Agent (Marvin) Addon as Administrator on the machine running Service Management. Once the Addon is installed, please proceed with the next steps.
- Navigate to the Marvin settings section in the Global System Settings (Administration > Global System Settings > Edit > Marvin). Click the checkbox to enable the configuration.
- Under System URL you have to type in the URL under which the Service Management is available. The field should be pre-filled, already.
- The service user has to be a user with a valid Service Management account and Administration permission granted. We recommend to create a new user to later better track activities originated from Marvin.
- Click on 'Connect to Marvin AI' to connect Marvin AI with your Matrix42 Account. You will be prompted to login with your Matrix42 Account.
The Service Management setup is now complete. Once Marvin App is available in your companies Teams Store, users from your company are able to link their accounts to your their Service Management accounts to interact through Marvin with the Self-Service.
For administrators only.
Users have to link their Self-Service Portal Account to Marvin (see below). This uniquely identifies the user and link the Teams Account (Azure AD) to a person object in the Service Management Platform. To make it as easy as possible to link the Self-Service Portal Account, we recommend to configure auto-discovery. This ensures the Self-Service Portal URL is recognized automatically in the linkage process.
Please make sure to integrate auto-discovery.
Marvin Teams Setup
For administrators only
Administrators have to upload the Marvin Teams Extension ZIP package (Matrix42-Marvin-Teams-Extension) to the tenant Teams store. In that way Marvin will be available for download to all users in the Teams tenant.
- Please navigate as a Azure Admin to the Teams App Store in your Teams Client
- Click "Upload a custom app" and choose "Upload for [yourcompanytenantname]"
- Select the previously downloaded Marvin Teams Extension ZIP and upload it
The administrative setup is now complete.
Firstly users have to install the Marvin Teams app.
- Please navigate to the Teams App Store and click on "Build for [yourcompanytenantname]"
- Marvin will be presented in the list. Please click on Marvin and install the Bot
- Open the chat with Marvin
- Marvin will prompt a button to link your Teams (Azure AD) account to your company's Service Management. Click "Link Account"
- The Service Management asks the user to login with their Service Management account. After login is complete Marvin will send a success message into the personal chat. The setup is now complete.
Note: If the admin has configured Service Management auto-discovery the user has to click "Link Account" and Self-Service Portal Login will be prompted directly to link the account. If auto-discovery is not configured, the user has to submit their company's Self-Service Portal URL into the service discovery form to complete the account linkage.