This document describes the most common causes of errors and issues with LIS Online Update Data Provider.
This data provider tries to connect to the public LIS update web-service using one of following addresses:
- https://lis.matrix42.com/LIS/LISUpdateService.svc (current product version)
- https://support.update4u.de/LIS/LISUpdateService.svc (older product versions)
Problems may also occur trying to access the LIS Premium Online Library (TERMS Option).
Error message in the data gateway log file and/or worker log file:
2021-05-07 09:59:03 ERROR System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The server could not process the request due to an internal error. If you want to get more information about the error, either enable IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (through the ServiceBehaviorAttribute or the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) for the client to send the exception information back to the server, or enable tracing according to the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK documentation and check the server tracing logs
The log files are located on the application server: <installation folder>\DataGateway\Host\logs and <installation folder>\Worker\Core\logs.
The preview of the LIS Online Update data provider configuration displays the following message:
LIS Online Update failed with following exception(s): Your LIS license certificate has not been activated. Please contact Matrix42 support to activate a subscription.
Please follow these steps to identify the root cause:
- Verify that the 'certificate' folder on the application server contains only one certificate for License Intelligence Service and that it is the right one provided by Matrix42 sales administration.
- Also, check if there is a license certificate for Compliance Master Data. This license certificate should not be deployed together with license certificate for License Intelligence Service. If this is the case, remove the license certificate for Compliance Master Data from that folder.
- If previous steps show negative result (no finding), then please contact the Matrix42 support. Either your your certificate for License Intelligence Service is invalid or has expired or there is an issue with your certificate's permission for the License Intelligence Web Service .
This is how to check deployed certificates:
- Open application "Administration"
- Navigate to "Services & Processes" and open "Engine Activations"
- Execute (activate) engine "System Measurement"
- Establish RDP session to application server
- Open Windows explorer
- Navigate to the installation folder of Enterprise Service Management
- Open folder "Metering\Reports"
- Find and open the most recently created folder
- Open the metering report in PDF or HTML format
- In the first section of the report, deployed certificates are listed
More information about this report can be found here.
Data gateway user
Data gateway user is not found under Master Data > Users > Accounts.
It is a requirement that the data gateway user is present in Enterprise Service Management system with allowed logon and is assigned to a person. Both the account and the person must be active. No specific role memberships are required.
LIS Update process could not establish a secure connection.
- Install the SSL certificate on the data gateway server.
- The data gateway server is trying to establish a connection with an old and unsupported TLS protocol. This can be solved by setting the following registry key and rebooting the computer afterwards:
Connection is blocked by a proxy or a firewall.
Open the LIS service URL (https://lis.matrix42.com/LIS/LISUpdateService.svc) on a Data Gateway server:
- If it opens successfully, a firewall or proxy is not the reason of LIS update failure.
- If it doesn't open, open the URL on a different computer that is not behind a proxy server. This way you can check if the proxy blocks your connection to LIS.
- If it's not proxy, correct your firewall settings to allow connection with LIS.
Missing Internet access
The machine where the data gateway (LIS Online Update) or the application server (LIS Online Library) is hosted has no access to the internet at all.
- Allow access to the internet (see URL above).
- Deploy the data gateway on a machine with access to Internet.
Access to LIS Online Library for LIS Premium does not use Data Gateway and therefor requires, that the application server can connect to the internet.
This can normally be seen in the data gateway log, but should also be indicated in the data provider configuration’s preview.
If the connection times out in less than 30 minutes, you need to check the proxy server settings.
When you need to create an incident
If you have checked all of the above mentioned possible causes and made sure that none of them is the reason behind the LIS update failure, please contact Matrix42 support.
Please attach the following files to your incident:
- HostCommon.log (located under <installation folder>Logs),
- Data Gateway log files (located under <installation folder>DataGateway\Host\logs or in the corresponding folder on the data gateway server),
- Worker log files (located under <installation folder>\Worker\Core\logs or in the corresponding folder on the worker server).