The Depot Helper service monitors multiple folders including subfolders and files for changes and can only be installed on the master. In each monitored folder a file "_Matrix42FileInfo.json" is created, which can be used to get the contents of the folder listed quickly and efficiently.
The service is installed by default under "C:\Program Files\Matrix42\Depot Helper Service" and stores its log files under "C:\ProgramData\Matrix42\Logs\Depot Helper Service".
- "Empirum\Configurator\User" - used by the UEM agent during each synchronization.
- "Empirum\Configurator\Packages\PatchManagement" - used by UEM Depot Management at each synchronization of patches (since v21 Update 1).
Exclude folders and files
In the file "C:\Program Files\Matrix42\Depot Helper Service\Matrix42.Empirum.SWM.DepotHelper.Service.exe.config" there is a section <applicationSettings> where folders and files to be excluded can be listed. An example is provided in each case:
<applicationSettings> <Matrix42.Empirum.SWM.DepotHelper.Service.Properties.Settings> <setting name="BlacklistedFiles" serializeAs="Xml"> <value> <ArrayOfString xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <string>example for blacklisted file\example.txt</string> </ArrayOfString> </value> </setting> <setting name="BlacklistedFolders" serializeAs="Xml"> <value> <ArrayOfString xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <string>example\for\blacklisted\folder</string> </ArrayOfString> </value> </setting> </Matrix42.Empirum.SWM.DepotHelper.Service.Properties.Settings> </applicationSettings>
For folders and files applies:
- Any number of entries can be added, i.e. "<string>...</string>".
- Lower and upper case is not checked
- Wildcards are not supported
- Entries refer to absolute file paths, so can also be relative. For example
- "Thumbs.db" for all "Thumbs.db" in any folder
- "C:\Empirum\Configurator\User\Thumbs.db" for the "Thumbs.db" in "C:\Empirum\Configurator\User".
For files applies:
- File path must exactly match entry or
- File path must end with entry
For folders applies:
- File path must be exactly the same as entry or
- File path must contain entry as folder, for example "foo\bar" matches "c:\temp_foo\bar\test.txt" but not "c:\temp_foo\bar\test.txt".