This allows the upload of Software Packages, OS Sources and Language Packs from the browser into the Empirum library.
- The user has the role "UEM Object Library Manager"
- Packages needs to be provided as a single ZIP-file based on the Im- and Export Format
- An Azure storage account needs to be configured for temporary storage in Administration - File Upload Service - Storage Connections
- The Enterprise Service Bus needs to be configured and an Empirum node is connected
- Empirum 21.0.1 is required to automatically download and import the packages
- The new Matrix42 File Upload Extension which will automatically be installed when installing the UUX for UEM Extension 21.0.1.
Some browser extensions like LastPass might interfere with the upload and result in high load and deferred upload start.
How to use:
- Configure the Azure Blob and a Container in the Administration App
- Use a package ZIP file created with one of the following options:
- Matrix42 Package Cloud download
- Matrix42 Packaging Center
- New Matrix42 Package Wizard from Empirum 21.0.1 which can generate ready to import packages as ZIP-file
- OS Source or Language Pack created with OS Packaging Wizard (Empirum 21.0.0 or newer)
- Export of an existing package from Empirum compressed as ZIP
- Open in UEM or SUEM
- Software Distribution -> Software Packages
- Operating Systems -> Installation Sources
- Operating Systems -> Language Packs
- Select the Action "Import Package"
- Select the package ZIP-file
- Start the upload
- After the package is uploaded and imported in Empirum it is ready to use in an Assignment
Add to Assignment(s)
Click on the button to open a list of all available assignments. You can now mark one or more assignments and then add them via the button to the assignments. This option is only available for object types which can be added multiple times to an assignment (i.E multiple software packages but not multiple OS installation sources).
Clicking the button opens the Assignment window, in which an appropriate assignment can be configured for the selected device.
The "Delete" action displays a dialog which asks if the object(s) should be removed from the associated core system. As some scenarios exists where the removal is not possible without interaction an option is available to force the removal.
The information if a removal is not possible is displayed with the reason in the "Action state" available on the preview.
If a removal is only possible with manual resolving the issue also a forced remove will nor work. the issues needs to be resolved in the core system. Examples of not automatically resolvable issues are if the package is in a dependency or sequence of another package.
For Empirum objects which currently do not support the removal from UUX the Action State in the object preview will state "Unsupported Type value 'xyz" with the status failed. They have to be removed from Empirum via EMC.