The Digital Workspace Platform is used to create solutions which are part of Matrix42 Enterprise Service Management (ESM) and Matrix42 Secure Unified Endpoint Management (SUEM).
Add your Enterprise Service Bus Configuration
- Log in to Digital Workspace Platform with Administrator credentials
- Click on the Launcher icon on the top right and select Administration
- Navigate to Integration -> Enterprise Service Bus
- Click Settings
- Select the Setting
- Click Edit in the preview
- Choose your Service Bus
- Enable "Is Enabled"
- Select your Service Bus Type (RabbitMQ or Azure Service Bus)
- Add your Subscription / Queue
- Enter your Topic / Exchange
- Enter your Connection String
- Press Save
- Press Done
- The entry will show "Connected" if the connection to the Subscription / Queue can be established. This might take a few minutes as the ESBAdapterActivation checks the configuration changes periodically.
For Azure Service Bus the "Connected" indicator is checked if the connection string is valid even if the Topic or Subscription are wrong. This would lead to not processed messages.
|Message Queuing System (Service Bus)||
||Here you can specify your message queuing system (Azure/RabbitMQ)|
|Is Enabled||Enabled or Disabled||Here you can turn on/off service bus.|
|Subscription / Queue||e.g. matrix42.uux.subscription||Here you can specify your broker subscription name. Default value for the standard Matrix42 RabbitMQ installation is: matrix42.uux.subscription|
|Topic / Exchange||e.g. matrix42.suem.topic||
Here you can enter your client topic name.
Default value for the standard Matrix42 RabbitMQ installation is: matrix42.suem.topic
RabbitMQ: All required information (Username, Password, Port, Server and VHost) can be retrieved from your RabbitMQ installation.
Default value for the standard RabbitMQ installation is:
The Azure Service Bus connection string can be obtained from the Azure Portal -> Service Bus -> Topic -> Shared access policies.
Device Import Settings
- Set state of device created in source system
- Defines the state when a device is initially created. Options are based on the Asset states. Active is the default value.
- Set state instead of deleting device when it is removed in source system.
- Enabled - the state is set to the defined state when a device is removed from a sub system. For Co-Managed devices the state is only changed when the device is removed from the last management system (Empirum and Silverback). This is the default value.
- Disabled - the device is removed from the system. As all devices in the platform share the same data it is also removed from Asset Management! For Co-Managed devices the device is only deleted when the device is removed from the last management system (Empirum and Silverback).
- Press Save
Special import behaviors
- The management type of devices is only set when creating a device. For existing devices the management type is not changed when updating the data.
- Depending on the configuration in ESB settings a device is either removed or its state is changed when a core system sends the "Detroy" message after removal from the core system. This will only remove/change the device state if the management type is set to either Empirum or Mobile Device Management.
If a message is published from a core system to the topic and the DWP receiver retrieves the message it usually updates data based on the message body. If the data in the message body cannot be linked to an object because of a missing matching rule an error message is written to the HostCommon.log file.
To get the HostCommon.log file choose the Administration App in theApp chooser of the DWP and select "Download Server Logs" on the Home page.
The error message can look like this example:
2021-07-22 09:15:49,894 ERROR 20 HostCommon (null) (null) (null) (null) 10.0.4.3189 - M42.BaseLogger;MessageReceiver.MessageExceptionHandler: Message Type: SPSAssetTypeNetworkDevice MQAdapterMatchingInfo doesn't contain entry for 'SPSAssetTypeNetworkDevice' at Matrix42.EnterpriseServiceBus.BizLogic.Services.MQGenericReceiver.MessageHandler(JsonMessage message) at Matrix42.ServiceBus.Subscriber.<>c__DisplayClass31_0`1.<<CreateReceiver>g__receiver|0>d.MoveNext()
The error indicates that the published message wants to update/create the object SPSAssetTypeNetworkDevice for which no Matching Rule is defined.
Matching rules are described in this help article.
Please see the help topic Message Validation to learn how to check messages in a Wire Tap.