Every workplace can have a principal user. When you create a workplace item, you assign a person inside the edit form. However, if you want to assign an existing workplace item to a person, you must use the Manage Principal User action. A wizard will guide you through the required steps. As a result, it will also change the principal user of all assets that are assigned to the workplace item.
- Go to the Workplaces navigation item in the Assets application.
- Select the workplaces which you want to assign av principal user for.
- Click the Manage Principal User action.
- Choose the person that will be a principal user of selected workplaces.
- Select the Rebook assigned services to new principal user checkbox if you also want to reassign bookings of related assets to the new principal user.
The checkbox is active only if you are using services from Service Catalog. If you select the checkbox, you will be able to choose service bookings that should be assigned to the new principal user.
- Apply your changes.
- System assigns the selected person as a principal user of the selected workplaces.
- System assigns all assets of the selected workplaces to the same person.
- System rebooks selected bookings to the new principal user (if checkbox was selected).