A template is a web application page that has a particular layout, similar design, and filled with data according to a pre-defined pattern.
Any template can be represented in a number of familiar to us forms and pages of any type. These can be:
- landing pages
- preview pages
- dialog boxes
- property sheets
- single step and multiple-step forms etc.
To create a new application page template, it is necessary to define:
- Data model: a set of data that will be used in a template to create a data filtering and displaying pattern;
- Controls: specify displayed data formatting and representation to the actual user who will see the page. For instance, the data will be shown as a grid, a list, a field with a checkbox, a static value, a text field with free input, a drop-down list, etc.;
- Layout: the template’s markup or areas of the page where the controls are placed;
- Audience: settings defining access restrictions for the template displaying to a specific set of application users.
Follow the links below to learn more about the Layout Designer: