Every workplace has an ownership regarding your organization. When you create a workplace, you assign the ownership inside the edit form. However, if you want to assign an existing workplace item to different owners, you must use the Change Ownership action. A wizard will guide you through the required steps where you can also change the ownership of all assets that are assigned to the corresponding workplace item.
- Go to the Workplaces navigation item in the Assets application.
- Select the workplace items where you want to change ownership.
- Click the Change Ownership action.
- Select the organizational unit, location and cost center which you want to set as new owners.
- Select the Changing ownership will also affect all related peripheral devices checkbox if you also want to reassign related assets to new owners.
- Apply your changes.
- System assigns the selected owners as ownership of the selected workplaces.
- System assigns all assets of the selected workplaces to the same owners (if checkbox was selected).