Every complex system has an ownership regarding your organization. When you create a complex system item, you assign the ownership inside the edit form. However, if you want to assign an existing complex system item to different owners, you must use the Change Ownership action. A wizard will guide you through the required steps where you can also change the ownership of all assets that are assigned to the corresponding complex system item.
- Go to the Complex Systems navigation item in the Assets application.
- Select the complex system items where you want to change ownership.
- Click the Change Ownership action.
- Select the organizational unit, location and cost center which you want to set as new owners.
- Select the Changing ownership will also affect all related peripheral devices checkbox if you also want to reassign related assets to new owners.
- Select the Rebook assigned services checkbox if you also want to reassign related bookings to new owners
(the checkbox is active only if relevant bookings exist).
- Apply your changes.
- System assigns the selected owners as ownership of the selected complex systems.
- System assigns all assets of the selected complex systems to the same owners (if checkbox was selected).
- System rebooks selected bookings to the same owners (if checkbox was selected).