Add an Application
In order to deploy applications you need to do the following general steps:
- Add Enterprise application to the Silverback App Portal
- Assign public and internal apps to device Tags
- Please refer first to Application Guide Part V: Add macOS Application
- Navigate to App Portal
- Select the device type macOS in secondary menu bar below
- Click on New Application’
- Enter a Name for the Application
- Enter a Description (optional)
- Upload the *.pkg file
- Upload the *.plist file
|Name||e.g. Empirum Agent||The display name of the application being added.|
|Description||e.g. Emprium Agent will create a unique hybrid management scenario for macOS devices.||The description of the application to display. Will be displayed in App Portal in Silverback.|
|PKG File||Choose File||Upload your *.ppkg|
|PLIST Files||Choose File||Upload your mandatory corresponding manifest PLIST file.|
- In the main menu bar select Tag
- Edit the macOS system tag by clicking on the ‘Edit’ icon on the right side.
- You are now in the ‘Definition’ tabs on the left side. Ensure that ‘Apps’ is enabled on the right side.
- On the left tab bar switch to ‘Apps’.
- Select the Applications you want to add to the Tag.
- Click on ‘Add Selected Apps’.
- Click Save & Close