Contents of Summer, 2021 minor release of Secure Discovery & Dependency Mapping (SDDM)
ABOUT THIS RELEASE
- Authentication Enhancements
- Completely redesigned Login screen to send the user to the appropriate authentication mechanism.
- Added support in User Profiles for two-factory authentication (2FA) for local users in the FireScope Application using a Google Authenticator (or compatible) mobile application or browser extension.
- Recovery codes are also generated to revoke the current secret, if lost.
- Added FireScope Administrator setting to enforce 2FA for a minimum user role, or leave it as optional for users to configure.
- Added Support User Impersonation feature to take on an authenticated session as the local account user, once authenticated as a non-system CMI user.
- The Support password algorithm has been deactivated, and will no longer allow entry into the application.
- Support Users must have a personal account in the Environment's CMI in order to impersonate a user on a local account for audit trail purposes.
- It is strongly recommended, and may also be required, that the CMI users apply 2FA to their account before allowing User Impersonation.
- Tag Management & List Updates
- Completely rebuilt and redesigned List pages
- Visual styles are completely redone.
- Row selections are now remembered across pagination
- Change actions are now presented in an icon-button, or dropdown menu that does not require so many clicks.
- All Lists of tag-able objects can now be filtered by those tag assignments
- All Change Actions taken on listed items will now refresh the grid without requiring a page refresh to view the changes (except in rare instances of so-called "hard-work" change requests).
- All state icons updated for consistency across all objects.
- All colors, labels, and wording updated for consistency and clarity
- Completely rebuilt and redesigned List pages
- Baseline Map Update: Clusters, VIPs, and Node Enhancements
- Combine Load Balancer VIPs determined to be the same device into a single expandable node, with each VIP residing inside, and linked to each of the Cluster Members.
- Any Node that is the source of a change (new/inactive dependency) receives a badge indicating as such, which bubbles up to any group(s) of which the node is a child.
- Added some clarifying hover effects to show what nodes are connected when hovering a given item in the map.
- Added enhanced information about the underlying lines that are collapsed into a single line.
- Added new Map Left- and Right-Click Interactions and context menu items, including Change Actions on a dependency line within the map.
- Added delayed refresh of the map until all Change Enablement actions are taken.
- Removed some confusing, or annoying, interactions on the map, and replaced them with expected behavior.
- Advanced Event Definition Support
- Added support for Aggregate (Level 2) and Policy (Level 3) Event Definitions to augment the Basic (Level 1) type.
- Aggregate Event Definitions combine multiple Basic Event Definitions from CIs in a Logical Group to indicate an aggregation of states before triggering a failure.
- Policy Event Definitions combine multiple Aggregate or Basic event definition states to indicate a failure of a Service based on the Logical Groups and CIs that contribute to it.
- Added support for a Policy Event Definition to be assigned as the "Business Availability" indicator for a Configuration Item or Service Group.
- [PRB35856] Added IP & Hostname to the CI Drawer picker, and the IP to the Chip in the list (if valid, and different from the CI name).
- Baseline Map: Add an option to Auto-Exclude a node from the map, and cleanup dependencies associated with it.
- Now allowing FireScope Administrators to assign User Groups to a Service, Logical, or Blueprint Group directly from its edit form.
- The Edge Device will now update its IP Address in the UI when it changes on the device.
- [PRB35409] Fixed an issue where rapid editing of Blueprints would sometimes not sync the changes.
- [PRB35689] Fixed an issue with SNMP Attribute Operation validation and storage, improperly appending the operation to itself.
- [PRB35597] Fixed an issue preventing the Baseline Map's context menu change actions from working.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Baseline Map's "Show In Map" feature from working.
- Fixed an issue allowing the High Availability & Generic Clusters to save without creating a proper Delegate CI.
If you experience any problems regarding this version, please contact our support team:
Matrix42 Help Desk
General information about Matrix42 support services can be found here: https://www.matrix42.com/en/customer-success/support
- Product Improvement Community (Matrix42 Idea Portal)
- Guideline for Product Usage incl. Maintenance Status (Matrix42 Website)