Companies that are listed as business partners may be suppliers or manufacturers in License Management, Contract Management, or Asset Management.
- Name: Name of the company.
- Short Name: Short name of the company.
- Status: The Inactive status is used, for example, for former business partners with whom an active relationship no longer exists.
- Valid From/Valid Until: If the business partner should be used for a limited time only, enter the period dates here. Otherwise, leave the fields blank.
- Internal Account: Identification number of the business partner in your purchasing system.
- Customer Number With Supplier: Your identification number in the business partner's system.
- Customer/Supplier/Manufacturer: Select the relevant checkboxes.
- Contact Data: Contact information of the business partner.
- Place of Jurisdiction: Select a country to whose company register the business partner belongs.
- City: Enter a city where the company is registered.
- Commercial Register / Court: Enter the name of the company register that has incorporated and registered the business partner.
- Number: Provide the company's registration number.
- Tax-ID: Enter the company's tax identification number.
- Invoicing Entity (if different): Select a different business partner if it should be referenced in all legal and financial documents.
- International Bank Account Number (IBAN): The International Bank Account Number of the bank where the business partner has an account. The value of this field is validated according to the IBAN standard.
- Bank Name: Name of the bank where the business partner has an account.
- Account Number: Number of the bank account of the company.
- Business Identifier Code (BIC): Business identifier code of the bank.
- Comments and notes of a general nature. You can edit these entries later.
- Comments about your activities that are related to this business partner. You cannot change the journal entries after they have been made.
- For this configuration item, copies of digital documents can be saved and later reopened.
- Links to digital documents (such as MS Word documents from a document management system) that are stored on a network drive. They should be referenced over a UNC address.
On the Related Objects dialog pages, you can view and change configuration items that are related to the selected business partner.
- Business Contacts: External contacts that belong to this business partner.
- Employees: Employees who are responsible for communications with the business partner and other relevant activities.
- Contracts: Contracts that were signed with the business partner.
- Appointments, Memorandums, Tasks: Appointments, notes and tasks that were created in this context.
In the action pane, you can access the actions that are available for business partners.
- Create Task: Create a task from a business partner. The task is then automatically linked to this business partner.
- Change Ownership: Change the organizational, commercial, and regional assignment of this business partner by using a wizard.
- Import: Import the list of business partners from MS Excel by using the predefined import sequence and template.
The most important key data of the business partner is listed in action pane under Object Details.
- Related Objects: Other configuration items that are related to this configuration item. You can access these items directly from the action pane by using the displayed hyperlink. Related Objects can have the following links:
- Attachments: Number of attachments that are related to the business partner. Click the link to open the Attachments dialog page of the business partner.