A cost center is an operating unit that is used to control business processes and related expenses. Besides, cost centers are used for creating cost plans and monitoring them in the course of a business year. The structure of cost centers is flat, which means that no hierarchy can be formed. Cost centers are defined according to functional requirements, physical location, or responsibility for costs.
Cost centers are managed as a list. The Global cost center is generated during the installation and cannot be deleted. Please note that configuration items that are not explicitly assigned to any cost center belong to the Global cost center.
- Organizational Unit: If you create a new cost center, you can use the corresponding button to link the configuration item to the respective organizational unit. For existing cost centers, you can create a link only by clicking Change Ownership in the action pane.
- Cost Center Type: Whereas departmental cost centers are usually fixed components of the organizational structure, project cost centers are used for a specific purpose and for a limited time.
- Valid From/Valid Until: If the cost center will be used for a limited time only, enter the validity period here. Otherwise, leave the fields blank.
- Cost Center No.: Number of the cost center.
- Name: Name of the cost center.
- Abbreviation: Abbreviation that your company uses for the cost center.
- Status: The Inactive status is used, for example, for former cost centers that will no longer be used.
- Description: Additional information about the cost center.
- Delegated Decision Makers: Primary decider and other deciders for approval processes, for which this cost center is financially responsible.
Displays bookings from provisioning workflows.
Comments and notes of a general nature. You can edit these entries later.
In the action pane, you can access the actions that are available for cost centers.
- Change Ownership: Change the organizational and regional assignment of this cost center by using a wizard.
- Import Cost Centers: Import the list of cost centers from MS Excel by using the predefined import sequence and template.
- License Inventory: Generate the License Inventory report.
- Software Compliance: Generate the Software Compliance report.