This page describes the provided by default search options of the Matrix42 platform and outlines their configuration.
The Global Search is placed in the easy-to-reach header part of the website, next to the applications icon:
The Global Search is an application-specific keyword search performed among all the objects from all the selected areas. If none of the areas is selected, the search is conducted in all existing contexts.
Enter the keywords, choose the necessary search areas with checkboxes and click Search:
The search results are displayed according to the applied conditions. Only those areas that have items to show are listed:
The search is case insensitive:
The search results include the exact matching of the keyword or phrase:
Global Search Settings
Each of the global search areas is a navigation item that is present in the current application and appropriately configured. To change the search areas to the Global Search edit the Present in Global Search Context List property of the corresponding Navigation Item.
This field searches for results in all columns of the grid that are included in the keyword search.
Search Text Settings
To change the settings edit the Use in keyword search property of the Data Query that is used by your Dataset View or Grid:
If, however, the Use in keyword search checkbox is cleared for all the Columns that are part of the Data Query, the keyword search is conducted in all the Columns of the Data Query.
- Filter: to filter the grid by column, type a keyword into the column specific search field to view only matching results in the grid. The filtered column is added to the Filtered by area on top of the grid and the grid includes only those results that match all criteria enumerated in the Filtered by area of the grid.
- Sorting: click a field name in the grid to filter it by column:
- a-z: an upward-facing arrow will appear next to the column name; click the field name again to reverse the sorting filter;
- z-a: downward-facing arrow; click the field name again to remove the alphabetic sorting filter and see the default view of the results in the grid.
Column search depends on the column data type and each column includes relevant filtering criteria, for instance, the time period for dates, checkbox list for a pickup, true/false for boolean, etc. Click the lookup icon under the column name to see a list of available options.
Text filtering criteria
The column with the text search additionally has various filtering criteria:
- Not contains
- Not equals
- Starts With
- Ends With
- Is set: the field is not empty;
- Not set: the field is empty;
- Contains All Words: enumerate the search keywords or phrase using spaces. Any punctuation marks like a comma, semi-colon, etc. between the words are ignored. The search is case insensitive. The results include all entries that have each of the entered keywords in the column, despite their order in the search query:
- Contains Any Word: similar to the previous criteria, enumerate the search keywords or phrase using spaces. Any punctuation marks like a comma, semi-colon, etc. between the words are ignored. The search is case insensitive. The results include all entries that have at least one of the entered keywords in the column, despite their order in the search query.
- Does Not Contain Any Word: enumerate the search keywords or phrase using spaces. Any punctuation marks like a comma, semi-colon, etc. between the words are ignored. The search is case insensitive. The results exclude all entries that have at least one of the entered keywords, despite their order in the search query.
- To clear ALL the applied filters, click CLEAR FILTERS above the grid.
- To clear any of the filters, click x next to this filter.
- To clear the filtering search field, click x to the right of it.
Symbols in Keyword Search for Partial Matches
Use the % symbol to replace several characters in the keyword search and search for partial matches:
Advanced Search is available in the header of the Dataset View:
For more information about Advanced Search configuration and usage see Search Filters page.