Release Notes 21.0 Update 3
The "Matrix42 Enterprise Manager for SCCM (EM)" contains also all public released hotfixes that are available for previous versions.
Please note that installing this update will request a reboot of the system.
Enterprise Manager for SCCM 21.0 Update 3 Setup can be used:
- to perform a new installation.
- to perform an update based on the version Enterprise Manager 20.0.x
- to perform an update based on the version Enterprise Manager 21.0.x
An update from older versions is not possible and will not be supported by Matrix42.
You must be familiar with the content of the following documents before you start the installation or update process:
- Release Notes (click here for German and here for English)
- System Requirements (click here for German and here for English)
If anything is unclear or you have any questions, please contact Matrix42 before you perform the installation or update.
All EM components should be updated. It is not supported to mix different versions in one environment.
Preliminary actions before installation
When you are downloading a Matrix42 hotfix or patch, the downloaded file may have a "Zone. Identifier" information attached (depending on your browsers security configuration).
Please remove this "Zone. Identifier", otherwise some problems with these files can occur (files are not loading correctly):
- Right-click the blocked file, and then click Properties.
- In the General tab, click Unblock.
To avoid the "Zone. Identifier" in future please add the address https://m42cdneu01.blob.core.windows.net and https://m42marketplacemediathek.blob.core.windows.net as a "trusted zone" in the Internet Explorer.
Run EM Server Setup and follow the steps. The manual installation is documented in the Matrix42 help center (de / en). Alternative you can run the installation of the server components silent. The instructions for silent installation also available in the Matrix42 help center (de / en).
EM Distribution Point
Run EM Distribution Point Setup on every SCCM Distribution Point Server and follow the steps or use alternative/automated installation methods. The installation of this components is also documented in the Matrix42 help center.
Update from version 20.0.x / 21.0.x
The following steps must be performed to do an update of Enterprise Manager for SCCM Version 20.0.x / 21.0.x
With version 21.0 update 3 the EM Server installation folder is adjusted and divided into 3 subfolders:
- Import - Here you can find the import service and the corresponding configuration
- Server - Here you can find the general installation including server service and configuration
- Web - Here you can find everything about the website
In addition, the "AutoUpdate", "Customizing" and "Certificate" sections have been moved to ProgramData
- Create full backup of your EM database
- Create full image, or at least an image of the EM Server file system
- Run Server Setup and follow the instructions
- The main setup launches a migration wizard that converts all objects in the database to the new version
In the event of any errors a new ‘View Log’ button is displayed. Click this button to open a file containing detailed information in front of other windows. In the case of errors, this file must be saved and kept for analysis purposes.
- Once the migration wizard has completed successfully, further steps are performed by the setup function
- Setup is now complete, and the EM master server has been successfully updated. We recommend updating the Distribution Points used by Enterprise Manager next
If you have switched your web console to SSL/ HTTPS, please check this after the update. By default, the HTTP port is used again.
EM Distribution Point
Run EM Distribution Point Setup and follow the steps or use alternative/automated methods for updating the EM-DP service.
Changes in version 21.0 update 3
|SCCM 2111 Support||EM-Server|
|EM Server installation locations (ProgramData and ProgramFiles) changed (DE / EN)||EM-Server|
|EM-Agent call parameter "RESETTASKS" improved (DE / EN)||EM-Agent|
|Job management enhancement with e-mail sending||EM-Server|
|Report generation based on collections and software update groups||EM-Server|
|Stabilization, optimization and Bug fixing||EM-Server, EM-DP & EM-Agent|