Add an Application
Matrix42 allows you to add MSI Installations for Windows 10/11 devices . Enterprise apps can be pushed directly from the Matrix42 Silverback Server to the device.
Please refer to our Management Guide Part IV: App Portal
In order to deploy applications you need to do the following general steps:
- Add Enterprise application to the Silverback App Portal
- Assign public and internal apps to device Tags
- Navigate to App Portal
- Select the device type Windows in secondary menu bar below
- Click on New Application’
- Enter a Name for the Application
- Enter a Description
- Select the *.msi file
- Add a Icon
- Edit Installation Parameters
- Enable Automatically push to managed devices (optional & recommended)
|Name||The display name of the application being uploaded.|
|Description||The description of the application to display.|
|App File||The MSI Installation File|
The icon to display in the app portal. It must meet the following specifications:
If no icon is specified, a default, blank icon will be used.
|MSI Installation Parameters||If the MSI supports it, provide the installation parameters here. E.g. “/quiet” would initiate a silent installation.|
|Automatically Push to Managed Devices||Silently installs the app on the device when it becomes managed.|
- In the main menu bar select Tag
- Edit the Windows 10 system tag by clicking on the ‘Edit’ icon on the right side.
- You are now in the ‘Definition’ tabs on the left side. Ensure that ‘Apps’ is enabled on the right side.
- On the left tab bar switch to ‘Apps’.
- Select the Applications you want to add to the Tag.
- Click on ‘Add Selected Apps’.
- Click Save & Close
- Check out our Azure Active Directory Integration with Windows Autopilot
- Learn how to deploy the Unified Endpoint Management Agent
- Check out our Identity Provider Integration to use MyWorkspace or Azure Active Directory Identities
- Collect additional information about App Deployments in our Administrator Management Guide Part IV: App Portal
- Check out our Silverback Administrator Guide or Management Guide
- Check out Silverback Web Settings Guide