This document first describes the requirements for the Matrix42 PreOS Package Editor Add-On for the PowerShell ISE. This is followed by “step-by-step” instructions on how to create a new PreOS package and edit an existing one.
To use the Matrix42 PreOS Package Editor, the following requirements must be met for the computer on which the editor is installed:
- PowerShell version 3.0 or higher and PowerShell ISE must be installed.
- The PowerShell Execution Policy must be set to the RemoteSigned, Unrestricted, or Bypass value.
- The Matrix42 PreOS Package Editor software package is released for Windows 10 and from Windows Server 2012 R2.
Current key features
The current key features of the Matrix42 PreOS Package Editor:
- Installation of the Matrix42 PreOS Package Editor using a software package
- Creating new Matrix42 PreOS packages
- Opening existing Matrix42 PreOS packages
- Editing the Matrix42 PreOS package information
- Adding variable definitions (text, number, and password)
- Deleting variable definitions
- PowerShell script editing takes place in the editor of the PowerShell ISE
- Editing additional files of the Matrix42 PreOS package
- Insertion of additional files and directories
- Deletion of additional files and directories
The following limitations apply when using the Matrix42 PreOS Package Editor:
- Currently, only the creation of the PreOS package structure with the necessary files and folders is supported. Such packages can be imported, but do not yet have any logic implemented.
- Matrix42 PreOS Package Editor requires at least the PowerShell version 3.0.
- The Matrix42 OS Package Editor is currently only available in English.
- Currently, only simple variable definitions (text, number, and password) can be created.