When filling in a dialog for a new purchase contract, a user does not need to enter all values manually. If this contract has a parent agreement, it is recommended to select this agreement in the corresponding field first. After a parent agreement is selected, the system offers to apply values of the parent agreement to the current new contract. If a user clicks Yes, significant number of values will be filled in. This feature is activated each time when a parent agreement is manually selected in the dialog. If a current contract already has some data filled, it will be overwritten with the parent agreement's values.
The same feature is activated in a contract item dialog when selecting a parent purchase contract.
Which Values Are Applied from a Parent Contract
Data on the General and Period tabs of a purchase contract/contract item will be updated if the corresponding data is provided in a parent agreement.
The following fields will be filled in on the General tab:
- Organizational Unit, Location, and Cost Center
- Closing Date (applicable for purchase contracts only)
- Business Partner
- External Reference
- Legal System, Place of Jurisdiction, and Other Place of Jurisdiction (applicable for purchase contracts only)
- Internal Signer (applicable for purchase contracts only), Internal Contact, and External Contact
The following fields will be filled in on the Period tab:
- Effective Date, Expiration Date, and Contract does not expire
- Renews upon expiration, Renewal Period, and Time Unit
- Expiration reminder, Days in Advance, Reminder Recipient, and records in the Reminder Copy grid
- Period of Notice, Time Unit, By, Not Before (values related to terms of cancellation)
- Cancellation reminder, Days in Advance, Reminder Recipient, and records in the Reminder Copy grid