Perform a functional test with highest care. Please note that all areas should be touched by your tests to ensure that the application is running properly, e.g.:
- Log on to the console
- Log on to the portal
- Run the connectors
- Run the GDIE imports
- Open the reports (including the License Management reports)
Check All Important Customizings
Pay special attention to the following things, if these have been customized in your installation:
- Changed display strings of product-defined pickup value
- Changes of product-defined tabulators
- Changes of product-defined structures
- Changes of product-defined actions and action groups
- Changes of product-defined display strings of wizards and wizard pages
- Changes of product-defined and custom GDIE Import Definitions
- Changes of product-defined and custom security roles and groups
- Changes of product-defined and custom compliance rules
Back Up the Application
To back up the application, follow these steps:
- Back up the %programfiles%\Matrix42\Matrix42 Workplace Management directory.
Please pay special attention to the %programfiles%\Matrix42\Matrix42 Workplace Management\Web\web.config file, as you may need to reapply the contained configuration to the application after the update procedure.
- Take the databases offline and perform full backup of the following databases:
- Matrix42 Service Store (Analysis Services)
Database names may differ, if you renamed them by using the Configuration Wizard.
- Back up all reports that are part of customizing.
For assistance on performing backups, please refer to the respective SQL Server documentation of Microsoft.