Accounts identify persons who work with Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management. Usually, they belong to the Active Directory domain and should be assigned to employees. User accounts can be members of one or more Active Directory groups.
Managing data on the General tab
The following fields contain essential information on the user account:
- The Assigned Person field specifies an employee who owns this user account. To set an employee, start typing the name or click the search icon to choose from the available person profiles.
- Displayed name of the user account is set in Display Name.
- In the Domain field, the fully qualified name of the AD domain to which this user account belongs can be selected.
- Logon name for Active Directory is displayed in User Logon Name.
- The Canonical Name (Active Directory) field contains the full path of user account in Active Directory.
- You can select the Deny Workspace Management Logon checkbox to deny access of this AD account to Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management.
- In the Status drop-down field, the state of the user account in Active Directory is selected.
- Account is Locked is an informational field. The selected checkbox denotes that the user account in Active Directory is locked.
- You can select the Valid Until checkbox and enter the date when the validity period of the user account will end.
- You can use Password and Password Repeat to enter the new password of the user account if you want to change it with the Reset Password function. Please note that you can use this functionality only if the domain is synchronized by using the Active Directory data provider. All rules for the complexity of passwords should be satisfied.
- User has to change password at next logon, User cannot change password, Password never expires: values of these fields can be edited when creating an account or by using the Reset Account action.
The Address, Telephone Numbers, Organization, Profile, Environment, Computers and AD Groups dialog pages represent the information from the Active Directory. When you edit this data in Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management, all changes are synchronized with the Active Directory.