About This Document
This document describes functional changes, bug fixes, known issues, modified behaviors and changed platform support that have been added since the last update.
Please find the installation files of this version on Matrix42 Marketplace.
System requirements, integration guides and instructions for installation and update are available in the Matrix42 Help Center
A new Extended Support Release Version of the UEM Agent is part of the installation. Please check the Marketplace for new versions of the UEM Agent.
Further details and information about the new features of the UEM Agent can be found here: Matrix42 Marketplace
- There is a new optimized file (Diff.inf) for package creation under Windows 10 via the Package Wizard.
Empirum Subdepot Webservice Configuration
- The package does not contain the legacy WSServer component anymore. Therefore the Advanced Agent and UEM Agent older than 2003.x will not work with http/https after the update.
Make sure no Advanced Agent or UEM Agent older than 2003.x which use the http/https protocol are used before updating the Empirum Subdepot Webservice Configuration 21.0 package on the depot servers.
If you use only WinPE and no longer EPE to install your operating systems, you can delete all imported WADK and WAIK (Configuration > OS Installer > Import) permanently.
Old or unneeded PreOS packages should be deleted from the EMC and locally from the hard disk.
Please check here in the EMC in the tab Configuration - Software Management - Depot - Matrix42 PreOS Packages and delete all unneeded PreOS packages.
Locally you can delete the same PreOS packages from the hard disk in the directory "%EmpirumServer%\Configurator$\PackageStore\PreOSPackages".
Starting with WinPE version 1.8.8 the following extensions will be available:
- We are using a new Universal Agent Framework (UAF) with a better and faster transport via http(s)
- We have a new PreOS package DiskPartitioning 3.19 where we improve the partitioning of the 2nd disk
- With the new PreOS package EndofLife 1.5 we have now the possibility to wipe all disks with a BSI or DoD format. A new variable with a Drop-down Box is available with 3 formats of wiping your disks. It's up to you if you want a "Empirum", "BSI" or "DoD" format .
Further details and information about WinPE can be found here: WinPE
In the EMC we improved the workflow of the Variable Configurations. All changes you made in a configuration is live visible and automated updated an all other open EMC. In addition, all variables with the type "Collections" (exp. SYNC_SERVER) are no longer displayed and supported in the variable configurations. More information about the visible changes can be found here: Variable Configurations
In the Empirum Packaging Center you will find a new Button called Prepackged OS Wizard. You can install it on any Computer you want and can start the Wizard without any connection to the Empirum Server, database or internet connection. The Wizard can be start in order to store operating system sources and language packages importably (Empirum Software package format) locally. Afterwards, the Empirum compliant format can be imported via the SDK.
You needed an installed WADK and WinPE on this computer.
UUX for SUEM
More details and information about UUX for SUEM can be found here: Release Notes SUEM 21.0
Matrix42 Empirum SDK
- The default log path is now under ProgramData\Matrix42\Log, both for Powershell and for the .NET module.
Further details and information about the Matrix42 SDK can be found here: SDK
Depotserver Helper Service
- DepotHelper Service supports now black listing via .config file
Enterprise Service Bus
- The service is now also a consumer on the service bus.
- Computer Domain information is now send as relation to match in the DWP existing domains. Computers will now have a linked object domain in the properties. It is also possible to see all computers which are linked to a domain.
The Enterprise Service Bus is now extended to send and receive messages. Therefore it is very important that all participants like Empirum, EgoSecure and Silverback use their own Subscription / Queue as described in the service bus configuration help. If all use the same Subscription / Queue the messages are consumed by the fastest and might not reach the right consumer.
Notification of extended maintenance period (LTSB)
Empirum version 19.0.3 is declared as LTSB version. Customers who are entitled to Matrix42 Premium Support thus receive an extended maintenance period beyond the release of version 21.0.0 at the end of April 2021.
|PRB34869||UEM Agent Update not finished because a neccessary Repoot was not executed|
|PRB35352||UEM Agent - differnt log messages for reboots|
|PRB35429||UEM Agent does not transfer some file types via HTTPS|
|PRB35457||Agent Template needs to be verified after creation / before usage|
|PRB34766||Thumbs.db prevents package installation|
|PRB35456||Package Wizard cannot create working packages from APPX applications|
|PRB35548||Pre-Logon UI Loading / OsInstallMode is not exited|
|PRB35359||PM tries to use username & password instead of computer based authentication|
|Matrix42 Management Console (EMC)|
|PRB35214||Access to variable configuration is possible by role EMP_ADMIN only|
|Matrix42 Management Console (EWC)|
|PRB35391||Sort Log/Status Messages Descending (newest first)|
|PRB35555||Assigned Patch Management groups can be deleted without having sufficient rights|
|PRB35299||WINPE with HTTP or HTTPS (PEAgent did not receive a reply within the configured timeout (00:30:00))|
|PRB35493||Formatting/partitioning the 2nd hard disk does not work|
|PRB34700||The package Empirum SubDepot PXE Service does not set necessary rights on registry|
|PRB35478||Optimize PXE service for 'Searching MAC by UUID' step|
|PRB35399||Custom script ‘EmpTaskQueue_CancelReinstall.sql’ creates an SQL error|
|PRB35438||Depot Helper Service creats temporary logs after each start or each action|
|PRB35502||DepotHelper Service supports now black listing via .config file|
|PRB35433||The BTQH64 service does not delete .tmp files on creating hashes for packages|
|The feature "WinPE http/s Support" has current restrictions and don't support the client certificate from the agent template. Also Disk Imaging is not possible over http/s.|
Changed or no longer supported Features and Platforms
- Advanced Agent is not supported anymore.
- UEM Agent older than version 2003.x are not supported with protocol http(s) anymore.
- The SubDepot package no longer sets the null session shares
- Due to performance optimizations of the PXE service, the following behavior has changed when booting computer objects known in Empirum. If the checkbox "PXE capable" is not set when creating a computer object, the checkbox is NOT automatically set when booting the client from v21.0!
Announcements for Version V21.0 Update 1 / planned Changes
- Not yet defined.
Discontinuations for Version v21.0 Update 1
- Not yet defined.