This guide provides an overview of product features and related technologies. In addition, it contains recommendations on best practices, tutorials for getting started, and troubleshooting information for common situations.
The goal of product hardening is to reduce the possibilities of exploiting vulnerabilities in order to be better protected against attacks.
For example, vulnerabilities are exploited for identity theft, resulting in the imminent blackmail or industrial espionage. For this reason, appropriate protective measures should be activated with the following objectives:
- Reduction of the possibilities for exploiting vulnerabilities
- Minimization of the possible methods of attack
- Limiting the tools available to an attacker after a successful attack
- Minimizing the privileges available to an attacker after a successful attack
- Increasing the probability of detection