Update of the EWC Java and Apache TomCat Versions
For the Empirum Web Console (EWC), Matrix42 delivers a new package with components for Java and Apache Tomcat that are current at the time of creation as part of the product updates (usually every 3 months).
It may happen that shortly after delivery there are new updates with solved security holes for Java and Apache Tomcat.
In order to close these security gaps, Matrix42 created a way for customers to update the existing EWC package with the latest available versions.
The package can be found here: Download
What to do?
- Ensure that Powershell 5.1 or higher is installed
- Download the ZIP file
- Unpack the ZIP file directly on the Empirum server
- Run the contained batch file as administrator (make sure you have an Internet connection to download the latest versions)
- Manually remove the backed up old versions from the package
- If necessary, create a new package hash
- Reinstall EWC package
The batch file has several parameters to control the result.