A dataset view is a Solution Builder entity which allows users to create search pages with different views - Grid, List, Tile, or Calendar - for their Applications. The screenshot below shows a sample Dataset View which will allow us to create an Address Book search page with Tile view.
Such a Dataset View, in combination with a Navigation Item that also needs to be created, allows users to implement an Address Book search page.
Creating a Dataset View
To create a Dataset View, in Administration, under User Interface > Layouts:
- Select "Dataset Views" and click the FAB button located in the bottom right-hand corner of the grid.
- Fill out and save the dialog that appears. Here you will need to provide not only certain basic data, such as the Name and Description for the new entity, but also certain previously created Master Data, such as Configuration Item(s), as well as select the Data Query and type of View for the search page: Grid, List, Tile, or Calendar. Use the "Filter Expression" text box to filter the data query results for the search page. The Filter Expression text box allows you to create several search pages with different sets of data using the same data query. Provide an ASQL expression in the Filter Expression text box to filter the data query results, if needed. Select the Show Archived Only checkbox (if enabled) to display only archived entities for the Dataset View.
- For the Calendar view, also provide the Name of the Query Column for Start Date and the Name of the Query Column for End Date, thus designating the fields for the system to take data from for the start and end of the events displayed in the Calendar.
- For the Grid view, you may also select the Enable Auto-Refresh in Grids checkbox so that end users are able to activate the auto refresh from the corresponding page, if needed.
- If you selected "List" or "Tile" view in the Dataset View creation dialog, select Data Query for the new Search Page in the Layout Designer that appears once you provide all the required data and click SAVE or DONE in the New Dataset View creation dialog.
The screenshot below shows a sample Address Book search page, Tile view, created from the Address Book Dataset View shown above.
Enabling Auto Refresh in Grids
To enable auto refresh in grids:
- A user with admin rights must select the Enable Auto-Refresh in Grids checkbox (available only for the Grid view in the Dataset View dialog):
- An end user can then activate the auto-refresh from Grid settings on the corresponding page.
For the end user to be able to change views:
- A user with admin rights must select corresponding View checkboxes in the New/Edit Dataset View dialog. An admin can also set the Default View here by selecting one of the available views from the corresponding drop-down list.
- An end user can then select one of the available Views set by the admin user by clicking the desired View icon located at the top of the corresponding page (see outlined in red in the screenshot below).