If you are new to REST or not skilled in writing utilities around Web Services, you can experiment with FireScope SPM API interfaces. Installing and using the Firefox RESTClient Plugin is one way to write utilities for the REST API.
Before You Begin
Before you begin using the Firefox RESTClient Plugin, make sure you have:
- The Firefox RESTClient Plugin
- A working SPM instance and Account
- An Admin level User in the SPM Account
- At least 1 Edge Device defined for the SPM Account
- A sample JSON payload
Configuring the RESTClient Once you have installed RESTClient in Firefox, you must configure the authentication as required for REST calls. To configure the RESTClient:# At the top of your web browser, click the RESTClient icon . The RESTClient tool page will be displayed.Note: If you do not see the RESTClient icon, you can click Tools > RESTClient instead.
- Click Authentication > Basic Authentication. The Basic Authorization window will be displayed.
- Enter the Username and Password for your SPM Admin account.
- Click on Okay.
- Click on Headers > Custom Header. The Request Header window will be displayed.
- Enter the Name and Value.
- Click on the Okay button.
- Configure the Request for the operation you want to use.
Note:* To create or update an element in SPM, use the POST method to the target Web Service URL. To delete, use the DELETE method against the associated URL.
- To view the Response from the Web Service, click View > Response. The Response section will be displayed below the Request section.