The following are the high level steps required in order to implement FireScope SDDM in the Software-as-a-Service model. Deploy Edge Virtual Machines – These will need to be able to reach the FireScope cloud over ports 5671, 18060, 18061 (all are TLS)
- Plan feed data flows (in order of ease of deployment and scope of data)
- Netflow from Vmware VDS (sending to Edge VM, destination port 2100 UDP)
- Netflow or sFlow from core switches (Netflow sending to port 2100, sFlow sending to port 6343 UDP) between users and core data center infrastructure
- Mirror Port / TAP from selected switches (optional)
- Promiscuous Mode from VMware if virtual distributed switches are not being used.
- sFlow from Hyper-V
- OS Sensors
- Setup Credentials (SNMP, Vmware) and IP Inclusions/Exclusions. The solution will need read-only API access to VMware vcenter if VMware discovery will be used. For SNMP, only read-only credentials (v1,v2 and v3 are supported)
- Discover Load Balancers via SNMP polling to identify VIPs and members
- Setup Network Topology, Vmware discovery scans
- Select Service Entry Points for Modeling
- Approve Relationships
- Configure Cherwell CSM Integration
Give some considerations such as system requirements or "gotchas" for this setting or control or programming syntax.