Update To Hotfix
This section will describe the update from e.g. Silverback 184.108.40.206 to Silverback 220.127.116.11.
Silverback versions can be installed over a newer one. It is not necessary, for example, to perform intermediate steps when updating from a Silverback 20.0 Update 2 Release to a Hotfix of Silverback 21.0 Update 1. Each Silverback version can be considered as a standalone version, as it contains the full installer.
- Launch the installer executable
- Click Yes
- Wait until the extracting process is finished
- Click Next
- Click Next
- Please wait while the installation wizard installs Silverback
- Before you click finish check and re-start all previously stopped services (Silverback Services + IIS)
- Click Finish
- Admin console will be opened in your browser
- Proceed with Database Update
- Click Continue to this website
- Wait until Database Upgrade page will appear
- Click Start Upgrade
- Wait for the database upgrade to complete
- After the upgrade, the browser will redirect to the admin console login. Continue with the verification steps below.
To verify that your installation functions as expected. Login to the admin console and inspect the devices list and other settings to ensure the console is functioning as expected. Also, test basic device functions such as:
- Do enrolled devices have all of the settings they had prior to the upgrade?
- Do the device functions (Lock, Block, Wipe etc.) function as expected?
- Does an OTP generate successfully?