By clicking the navigation item Settings a preview of the currently saved settings will be shown on the right side. In order to edit these settings press Edit.
Empirum API Settings
Here you can configure the access to your Empirum API. The access is required to perform actions like creating assignment groups or managing computers.
- Protocol: Please specify the protocol type of your Empirum API Service installation is configured and running at. You can select either net.tcp, http or https in the drop down menu, depending on your Empirum-API configuration on your Empirum Server.
- IP Address: Please specify the name or the IP address of your Empirum API Service (Empirum Server).
- Port: Please specify the port number on which your Empirum API is configured to listen.
The default port for TCP is 9100. You can find these information at your Empirum Server. Start Empirum DBUtil and navigate to Install/Configure Services > Empirum-API.
- Username: Please specify an Empirum user to access the Empirum-Database.
- Password: Please enter the password of the specified Empirum user. The password will not be shown in the UI and will be saved encrypted.
In order to verify the settings please first save any changes and then use TEST API SETTINGS to verify connection.
- Time Zone (Server): To cover the time zones e.g. different time zones in the company, you have the option under Time Zone to select the corresponding time zone set on the Empirum server. The default setting is (UTC) Coordinated Universal Time.
- Adjust for daylight saving time automatically: Check the box if you want to change the time to summer/winter time automatically. For the summer time applies: The time change takes place on the last Sunday in March. At 2 o'clock the clock will be set an hour ahead. For the winter time (normal time) applies: The time change takes place on the last Sunday in October. At 3:00, the clock will be turn back by one hour.
File Upload Storage Connection
Defines which storage connection is used for the package upload feature. If more than one Storage Connection is configured in the Administration -> File Upload Service it is possible to choose the desired entry. If no entry is chosen the last updated configuration is used by default.
Empirum Web Console (EWC)
In this section you can configure a connection to an Empirum Web Console instance which can be set up for your UEM Environment. For further information on how to set up an Empirum Web Console, please refer to this article.
- Matrix42 Cloud Instance: The Matrix42 Cloud Instance option hides the EWC based actions "View Log" and "Full Inventory" for computers. These actions have been replaced by the rollout status information and the extended and timely updated inventory data via the service bus.The EWC is not part of the cloud offering.
- Protocol: Here you can specify the protocol being used for the Empirum Web Console. You can either choose "http" or "https". The protocol must match the used protocol of the service management server. If the console uses https the EWC must also use https.
- Path to EWC: Here you can specify the IP Adress with Port to your Empirum Web Console (Example: "126.96.36.199:8443/empirum")
- Location: Here you can specify the Instance Location ( Empirum Database Name) that should be used.
- Domain: Here you can specify the Domain name for logging into Empirum
- Username: Here you can specify the Username for logging into Empirum
- Password Style: Can be used as unencrypted or encrypted. A guide for the encryption can be found here (Section: 7 Integration in UserHelpDesk Systems).
- Password: The Password used for your target Empirum Instance.