Setting up the configuration
To configure the data provider:
- In the Administration application go to Integration > Data Providers and open the Intune data provider for editing.
- Edit the default configuration from the Configurations grid.
- On the General page:
- Make sure the Enabled checkbox is selected.
- Select the Microsoft 365 (Intune) service connection in the Service Connection field.
- Default value for Data Collector Workflow is Intune Integration - Data Collector.
- Default value for Data Post Processing Workflow is Intune Integration post-data processing.
The Account and Password fields should be left empty. They are irrelevant for this data provider.
- Configure the Settings page:
- If the Create new computers checkbox is selected, you can choose the organizational unit to which newly imported computers will be assigned as well as select the status and management type for them.
- If the Change status for deleted computers checkbox is selected, you can use the corresponding dropdown field to set a preferred status to computers that have been deleted from the Intune endpoint manager.
- The Matching Keys grid specifies the matching rules for assets. By default the key field is: SPSComputerClassBase.Name with priority 1.
You can add additional keys if necessary. Use the Priority field to set the sequence of matching where 1 is the highest priority. In the Expression field specify the attribute that should be used for matching. To set a matching key:
- Use the following format: "SPSComputerClassBase.Name". ASQL expressions are not supported.
- Use comma in an expression to combine several attributes with the AND operator.
The Custom Workflow Parameters grid is not used by default. However, you can use it if you want to adjust the default Intune workflows. For more information on custom workflow parameters, please refer to Sample data collector workflow for Generic Inventory extension.
- Save the configuration.
- Run the Enable and Activate actions for the data provider.
Checking the import results
Click the configuration of the Intune data provider to open its preview.
The Last Result section of the preview shows if the import was successful or not. The preview also displays all jobs and workflow instances for the selected configuration.
You can also review jobs and workflow instances on the separate tabs of the configuration dialog.
After the successful execution of the data provider, you can also find XML files with imported data in the Matrix42 root folder under Messages/Data/IntuneIntegration/LastResult.