When executed, the data provider connects to Azure and retrieves the data about virtual machines and usage of Hybrid Use Benefits by these machines. The data provider also creates stock keeping units and links them to corresponding virtual machines in case of new creation as well as in case the computer has no SKU.
In addition, a dedicated record of the Azure Hybrid Benefit configuration item is created for Windows Server benefit in the Licenses application under Purchased Licenses > Azure Hybrid Benefit.
Import of virtual machines
The data provider connects to Azure and collects all resources of the following types:
- Virtual machine with Windows Server OS
- Virtual machine (classic) with Windows Server OS
The data provider imports them as the Computer object by matching the name or DNS name (in the order of priority) with existing objects.
Imported attributes for virtual machines
Additional values set for virtual machines by the data provider
- The same ownership as in the configuration is set on creation.
- Management type is set to "Azure Hybrid Benefit" on creation.
- Asset status is set according to the configuration on creation or if machine is no longer imported.
- HyperthreadingActive in the SPSComputerClassBase data definition is set to true.
- Relation to domain (SPSComputerClassAD) is set for virtual machines if a match is found.
Imported attributes for SKUs
The matching is made by ManufacturerName in SPSAssetClassBase and Model in SPSStockKeepingUnitClassBase. If no match is found, a new stock keeping unit is created.
|SPSAssetClassBase||ManufacturerName (value is " Microsoft Azure")|